Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

I'm still working on bringing stuff back in... I'm going to have to limit what's on display.

Here's a few shots of what has made the cut so far. I really had too much Joe stuff on display before, it was just all on top of each other. All of the vintage coffin boxes I have are behind these figures and most have a Joe in them now. My AT stuff just isn't fitting real well yet and may open up another shelf for more of those. Vehicles and boxed stuff really doesn't have a home yet.

Captain Action isn't pictured here, but it's all mostly out and spread across multiple shelves.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Some impressive stuff there, for sure!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

When I see collections like this, it makes me realize a lot of my stuff is just garbage. ;-) Gorgeous stuff. Good luck, and keep it safe!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Very impressive collection, looks great. Has Joe clashed with Alien yet?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drquest
            I'm still working on bringing stuff back in... I'm going to have to limit what's on display.

Here's a few shots of what has made the cut so far. I really had too much Joe stuff on display before, it was just all on top of each other. All of the vintage coffin boxes I have are behind these figures and most have a Joe in them now. My AT stuff just isn't fitting real well yet and may open up another shelf for more of those. Vehicles and boxed stuff really doesn't have a home yet.

Captain Action isn't pictured here, but it's all mostly out and spread across multiple shelves.

I see that sailor hat I sent you. Did you ever figure out its origin?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I see that sailor hat I sent you. Did you ever figure out its origin?
              Ah good eye!

Nope, I have what I feel is an early issue cloth cap on my boxed triple TM sailor(it's that boxed Action Sailor in the picture behind the brass rivet Joe) but it's not quite the same. Stitching is different but cool nonetheless but not sure what it came from.
              Last edited by drquest; Jun 21, '21, 1:29 PM.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

I always get a kick out of seeing the things in your collection, Danny.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Thanks for the nice words everyone! My family is less impressed with all of the old stuff I keep around here

Here's a couple of Captain Action shots... I have two Silver Streaks(one loose and one boxed) that aren't pictured. These haven't made it downstairs yet, they are still next to my bed, LOL...

As you can see, my Spiderman, Green Hornet, Batman, Robin and my other Dr. Evil lab set are still in their white boxes in these pictures. I may pull them out later but keeping them dust free is nice...

Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• justzeg18
                    Career Member
                    • May 5, 2003

I really like the Henshin Cyborg and Takara stuff I have but it may need to be cut back...
                    I might be in the market for a green or red invader if you’re considering letting them go, or if you have spares/parts laying around.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I love seeing your Capt. Action toys. I hope to get an Action Cave someday, your collection is inspiring.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Ah good eye!

Nope, I have what I feel is an early issue cloth cap on my boxed triple TM sailor(it's that boxed Action Sailor in the picture behind the brass rivet Joe) but it's not quite the same. Stitching is different but cool nonetheless but not sure what it came from.
                        the stitching threw me off too.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Impressive collection! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

My Aliens are not happy about going away for a while either... Also based on the amount of crap I have in the room left to move, I may just have to nuke it from orbit.

I have a loose one. You have three and a boxed one. You win...

sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector

I have a loose one. You have three and a boxed one. You win...

My wife would disagree as she gets to see these everyday, LOL...

Also one arm fell off on one of them while it was packed away, so i had to re-attach.

Don't you have a Hot Toys Alien collection? Those look really sweet! I'd love a Dallas set.
                              Last edited by drquest; Jun 22, '21, 10:06 AM.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡