X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Does anyone have a Xmas Club account??

Hello, I have had one for over 8 years, and last year I got a notice indicating that my xmas club was no more and it would now be a "Short term Saving's" account.

Basically it is the same thing except they DO NOT mail you a check between 10-31st to 11/14th with your full years saving's. You have to go in and get it yerself!!!

Anyway, I was not happy with this went in and cancelled the account. I then went on to look for a new one and even then when I got the account years ago, I had trouble looking for a bank that still had Xmas clubs in their bank services. So with that said, I looked around and found only one bank about 50 miles away and a Credit Union about 15 miles away and those were my only options.

I know the big boys (Chase and Bank of America) are too hoy-Paloy for such things, but i figured the "Mom and Pop" banks in my neighborhood would still encourage such endeavors. But I guess not, I guess the .04 ¢ INTEREST must have broke the bank each year!!!!!!

Anyway does anyone here still use Xmas clubs? Or am I the only dinosaur that does? How are your experiences with your banks???

Thanks All!!!

JG!
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i have one and have had it since my kids were little. it automatically renews every year after they mail me my check

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I used to back in the mid 80's but decided my underwear drawer was much safer and easier to store minimal amounts of cash.

It's like, anybody who'd sift through that deserves what they find

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎