Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Revelations Netflix series first look.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I hope it's good but my feeling is it's going to really bad. I think the designs will start out more classic and then get radically changed judging from the pics of Teela they've shown. It also sounds pretty dark from what they've revealed. Sounds like Adam loses the power sword and He-Man's secret identity is revealed hurting those not in on the secret, like Teela. Everything goes to hell and most of the story is Teela and her band of grim dark rebels trying to regain the power sword from god Skeletor. Hardly the continuation to the Filmation series fans have been hoping for.
    And then there's the rumor of Orko getting killed off. I'm starting to think this will be a one and done series.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Excited to watch after work. Only wish the original voice actors still around were doing the voices. (Yes, I know A.O. is doing Moss Man's voice rather than Skeletor.)

To me, the voices are everything and as important as the nostalgia and fame of whatever brand. There is only one Shaggy, one Optimus Prime, and Cobra Commander etc. When a voice actor passes or is no longer capable to do the voices then I get a recast...do you understand that, Michael Bay, when you recast the role of Megatron?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Watched the first five episodes.
        I won't post any spoilers, but yes, Teela is the primary focus for the majority of this series so far.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The show's getting massacred by youtubers.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Trailer for the other Netflix MOTU animated series...

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i'm sure that one will appeal to the young kids of today. i do not like the animation style at all. or the silliness aspect of what they showed

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

I really hope the new CG show gets the kids into He-man. It basically follows the same formula as the 80s show, just flashier and more fast paced.
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It doesn't much resemble anything I'd consider MOTU.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    It doesn't much resemble anything I'd consider MOTU.
                    I felt the same way about the 2012 Ninja Turtles show too, shunned it for years... finally I gave it a shot and now I prefer it over the 80s show.

This MOTU will be a new look for a new generation. We'll always have OUR He-man.
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

It’s unlikely this will be 1/100th the quality of the 2K12 TMNT though. Few things are.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        Trailer for the other Netflix MOTU animated series...
                        Holy **** that looks bad. Why even call that MOTU? On the upside New Adventures is no longer the worst He-Man cartoon.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Holy **** that looks bad. Why even call that MOTU? On the upside New Adventures is no longer the worst He-Man cartoon.
                          Because we wouldn't be talking about it if it was some new Netflix show called The Space Sword Kids? I may not like why they do it... but you gotta admit that it works.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Because we wouldn't be talking about it if it was some new Netflix show called The Space Sword Kids? I may not like why they do it... but you gotta admit that it works.
                            I still don't get making stuff unrecognizable. Kids that aren't aware of MOTU wouldn't know the difference if it was called Space Kids and fans of the property wont be happy. I think it's more of a netflix thing screwing stuff up. Nickelodeon didn't reinvent the wheel with the new Smurfs cartoon. Except for the fart jokes everything is the same.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Eh...it looks...generic. Definitely eschewing actual classic MOTU flavor for interchangeable designs that could work in several different properties that have been aimed at kids in the last 10 years.

We're not the audience, so who knows, it may catch on. Even my youngest has outgrown these types of shows now, but I've seen a ton of them come and go. It seems kind of random which ones click with kids and become something more than just white noise content.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Eh...it looks...generic.
                                That's definitely the right word for it. It reeks of being done by a group of old executives trying to be hip and trendy and thinking they know what kids like but really don't. You can just hear it "Kids like that Fortnite thing so lets make a Fortnite cartoon but use a property we own." It's just so darn lazy. Everything that made MOTU MOTU is gone. Right down to the fantasy setting. They Poochied MOTU. I just have to shake my head at the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎