X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Big Jim Lazervette

Toy-Ventures takes a look at what we feel is the coolest action figure vehicle of the 1970s, Big Jim’s double-trouble ‘Vette with’s awesome laser canons. Tell us what you think is the 70s most iconic vehicle here or at the Pod Stallions Facebook group. GET Issue 3 of Toy-Ventures here! FACEBOOK GROUPS FROM PLAIDSTALLIONS Pod […]

More...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Cool! What an awesome video. I watched this three times before posting. Never knew they added a motor to the Vette overseas. Watching that video segment reminds me of the Devil Dune buggy in terms of the mechanics (and back wheels). Wonder if they just retooled that mechanism to work on the Vette? So neat!

The Lazervette certainly gets my vote as one of the coolest action figure vehicles of the 70's. And lord knows there were allot of them. As a kid I really loved playing with the Beast truck. Although so much of it was retooled from existing vehicles in the line, there was something special about it molded in black with those great lightening bolts on the side. It just gave it presence (like the Vette) that other cars and trucks couldn't touch. I was always conditioned to like big vehicles with lots of gadgets, which is probably due to my love of the Adventure Team in the early 70's. I would have to throw in the GI Joe Mobile Support Vehicle and Trouble Shooter as contenders as well. Those definitely packed the fun factor with hours of play for me as a kid. But the Vette is definitely the start of a new kind of fun that got recycled in allot of toy lines. Its so neat to see them with their boxes. Congrats on having such incredibly rare examples of these. Beautiful pieces.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I would like to argue nothing beats Mego's Batmobile, but from this video and your previous coverage over the years, I know that the PACK stuff was next level, literally. Other than the scale and cloth outfits, the PACK line seems to be an 80s concept that somehow got made in the 70s. This isn't a simple hollow-bodied toy, this is a legit action vehicle with play features. I guess Mego had that in the Mobile Batlab and Jokermobile vans, but...they were VW buses, not Corvettes!

Great video!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Not sure if you're aware Brian, but this video is edited all kinds of funky. Photos aren't necessarily with where the voiceover is, the voiceovers repeat or say the same thing in different ways and a couple of spots are completely cut off. It's a bit trippy. Feels like maybe you had a few edits going at once and the final version isn't correct. It's still watchable, but a bit wonky.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎