• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Restringing bodies

Hello,
    I have a bunch of extra FTC body parts, as well as bodies that are in very loose condition because, let's face it, FTC bodies are not the greatest of creations.

However, after watching a demonstration on YouTube, I thought I could use O-rings to "restring" the bodies in order to make them tighter and more durable, but it is not working as well as I hoped.

I have found what appear to be the proper size O-rings, but – when I attach everything – the limbs are way too lose. So, I went to the next O-ring size down and it appears to be too tight to the point where I can't get all the limbs attached without the O-ring snapping.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can restring these bodies? I know how to use elastic cord to restring a Type 1 body, but what about these FTC-style bodies?

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • Doctor Dim
    • May 18, 2017

Since they won't be original anyway, why not just restring them with elastic? Nobody will fault you for it.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

This may mean nothing but, do you use Metric or SAE O-rings. I think Metric maybe a better size option. Or vise versa.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

FTC bodies should restring just like T-1 bodies. Use none of the metal hardware, just elastic.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎