• Oct 22, 2012

This looks awesome!

Comment

• tay666
      Career Member
      • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
      Nice! I will definitely pick up a box.

I don't understand why they changed the formula from oat to corn, but it just isn't the same. Lucky Charms is still oat-based, but the more recent Chocolate Lucky Charms is made from the same corn-based yuckiness that has tainted one of my childhood taste bud joys...Monster Cereal Yumminess!
      I've been saying that for years.
      I miss the oat -based. I still start my day with a bowl of cereal every day. I've completely removed some of my old favorites from the rotation due to this. They just taste like crap, and the mouth-feel is all wrong.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Has anyone had luck finding this? I'm having a hard time around these parts so much so that I ended up buying on second market tlsince I wanted to have the box. Well the seller shipped the cereal in a manila envelope and the cereal arrived crushed.
        Want to find a mint box before the value on these go through the roof. Still keep looking.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

I forgot all about it. Target has been selling the single flavors every Halloween for the past few years, so I checked their website, but they don't have the Monster Mash listed.
          https://www.target.com/b/monster-cereal/-/N-4smt4

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

This showed up on Target. Looks to be out for now but keep checking and they might get more. I had to buy $35 or more in order to qualify for delivery.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I have a box of the Mash but we havent opened it yet.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

^^Nicely done! Not worth saving as it will go bad so eat and keep the box minty or fill the interior bag with bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts so you can display it.
                I managed to get the both the 9.6oz box and the 16oz box. Managed to get extras for my daughter, ironically, who is in Minneapolis and is having a hard finding it, considering that is where the General Mills offices are located. However my order from Target keeps fluctuating on delivery date saying delayed, then early and back and forth. Turns out my order is being shipped from Indiana rather than the closest warehouse which must be out.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Take a trip to your local DollarTree store now! My store had 4 big cases on display of each flavor!

Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 28, '21, 5:10 PM.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

I picked up some Frute Brute (new for 2022) in Target on Wednesday. Had a bowl of it last night so I guess I've done my "Monster Cereal" evolution for this season.

I was glad to see they kept the retro packaging for this year. I saved the boxes from last year and now have Frute Brute added. Maybe next year we will see Yummy Mummy.

Comment

• tay666
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 27, 2008

I've been eating Count Chocula for about a month now.
                      I was hoping they would have done the mash up again this year. I really liked it.
                      I haven't tried the Frute Brute. I never had it as a kid, so have no nostalgia for it.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎