Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Count Chocula, Franken berry and all the cereal monsters combine in new cereal

New Monster Mash cereal.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Too bad it's got marshmallows in it...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Marshmallows are kind of their thing. Been there since the beginning.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Marshmallows are kind of their thing. Been there since the beginning.
        I know. I'm a vegetarian, so marshmallows are a no-go for me. I don't know why dry marshmallows need gelatin in them. Monster Mash sounds like it would be pretty good.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Great idea. I find the monster cereals a bit too sweet for my taste now, but I don’t think I can resist a box of these.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Looks awesome. Probably tastes like *****.

Will buy.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

No way this doesn't taste like absolute garbage. These flavors could not work together.

But I'm in for a box!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

I’ll try it. The cereal shapes and marshmallows are at the top of the box, so it’s not going to be all 5 cereals mixed together.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I'm so down.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Nice! I will definitely pick up a box.

I don't understand why they changed the formula from oat to corn, but it just isn't the same. Lucky Charms is still oat-based, but the more recent Chocolate Lucky Charms is made from the same corn-based yuckiness that has tainted one of my childhood taste bud joys...Monster Cereal Yumminess!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                      Nice! I will definitely pick up a box.

I don't understand why they changed the formula from oat to corn, but it just isn't the same. Lucky Charms is still oat-based, but the more recent Chocolate Lucky Charms is made from the same corn-based yuckiness that has tainted one of my childhood taste bud joys...Monster Cereal Yumminess!
                      Yeah, I think I mentioned it either here the last time the subject of cereal came up, but changing from oat to corn is the reason why so many of your childhood cereals no longer taste the same. Also reducing the sugar content and avoiding some of the artificial sweeteners of yesteryear played a role as well.

General Mills essentially admitted in September of last year that a lot of their breakfast cereals were garbage, and that they were going to go back and start using their recipes from the 80’s again (Trix, Coco Puffs, Golden Grahams, old one more I think), but I haven’t tried them or even looked at the box to see what changed.

It’s amazing to me that with all the re-engineering of society across the board that we’ve mostly gotten dumber, fatter, and even lazier than at any point in our history. Who knows, maybe all we really needed was a nice bowl of Count Chocula to get us through the day.

Comment

• shazam7208
                        Career Member
                        • Oct 28, 2008

Sweet!

Love this....so glad they are doing it!

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I might just buy it for the box art and never open it.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            Yeah, I think I mentioned it either here the last time the subject of cereal came up, but changing from oat to corn is the reason why so many of your childhood cereals no longer taste the same. Also reducing the sugar content and avoiding some of the artificial sweeteners of yesteryear played a role as well.

General Mills essentially admitted in September of last year that a lot of their breakfast cereals were garbage, and that they were going to go back and start using their recipes from the 80’s again (Trix, Coco Puffs, Golden Grahams, old one more I think), but I haven’t tried them or even looked at the box to see what changed.

It’s amazing to me that with all the re-engineering of society across the board that we’ve mostly gotten dumber, fatter, and even lazier than at any point in our history. Who knows, maybe all we really needed was a nice bowl of Count Chocula to get us through the day.
                            Very weird that they changed so many, but left some primarily the same, Lucky Charms for instance. The movement against refined cane sugar was the reason for much of the breakfast cereal changes, ironic that the corn substitute that is used in just about everything may actually be one of the key factors in the spike of Type 2.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

I hope they sell the single flavor versions as well, tho I would probably pick up a box of this if I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎