X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

New Dune movie 10/1/21

So the new Dune movie is supposed to be coming out in theaters and HBO Max on 10/1.

Anyone looking forward to it?

I for one saw the original in the theater, and found it intriguing and even today will re-watch it. I know a lot of people seem to have hate towards it, but not this guy.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I'm a big fan of the Lynch Dune. I think it was a misunderstood movie when it was released... in many ways, a lot like Blade Runner... except for these days Blade Runner is generally regarded as a classic, and Dune is still looked down upon.

But I do think Villeneuve is a good choice to take another run at Frank Herbert, and the new film has a great cast. The trailer looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully this one will be better received.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by sprytel
      I'm a big fan of the Lynch Dune. I think it was a misunderstood movie when it was released... in many ways, a lot like Blade Runner... except for these days Blade Runner is generally regarded as a classic, and Dune is still looked down upon.

But I do think Villeneuve is a good choice to take another run at Frank Herbert, and the new film has a great cast. The trailer looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully this one will be better received.
      Also a big fan of Lynch's Dune, but I think a better comparison over Blade Runner would be Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. When I saw Dune when it opened, I was handed a glossary sheet at the entrance with all the Dune terminology that you had to read in a dark theater without the aid of a flashlight or smart phone light. I was too young to see Clockwork when it premiered, but unless you had a good grasp of the Nadsat language, you were probably a bit lost over some of the dialogue. Clockwork was regarded a classic, and like you mentioned, Dune got dissed. Much like the Lynch version, Villeneuve's has a great cast and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it. The Spice Must Flow.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Love the book, and I also like Lynch's movie version.
        I'm optimistic about Villeneuve's new adaptation.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i'm looking forward to seeing it. I like the SciFi channel mini series version better than the Lynch version

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

https://www.superherohype.com/movies...e-with-hbo-max

it is now getting theatrical only release in October and will hit HBO max at some point later in the year, at an undetermined date

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Bait and switch.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡