X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Planet of the Apes Village

Vintage Mego looks at another classic Mego Play Set, this time it’s the Planet of the Apes Village from 1974. This episode is filmed in glorious BackYard-O-Vision! Get Toy-Ventures Magazine here: http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/ Mego Museum Forums: http://megomuseum.com/community/activity.php   GET Issue 3 of Toy-Ventures here!   Subscribe to the MegoMuseum Newsletter here MegoMuseum Links: MegoMuseum Forums   …

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Such fun and great accessories. I prefer this to the treehouse.

Actually, I own the Lost Continent, too and would welcome most any iteration of this playset format.

Big fan of Mego "marker art" too. Thanks for the video.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I just do not remember this at all, but then again I did not collect the POTA line. Would be nice if it were possible the New Mego released this again.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Taylor was mentioned, but I only saw Nova in the picture. I'm pretty sure Nova was holding the horses rein.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Return from the hunt, into the Ape City Jail, experimentation!… all the things needed in 1974-75 bedroom playland, and now too!

The Apes look so good in/with all of their playsets. Spoiled and good to have so many vintage options.

Still readily available (easy to part together or acquire whole too); no need for re-release. New efforts would be better served to add a new large accessory (jail wagon, human pen, effigies, etc.) or environment (courtroom, amphitheater, Ape management, etc.).
          Last edited by Confessional; May 9, '21, 10:53 AM. Reason: …ahh, '74-'75, when Apes ruled the world!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Great video and beautiful treasures. Fascinating reveal that the sets were manufactured in the states. Thanks for the retrospective. And yes, display space is always the conundrum when collecting these old sets. So much to see, yet never enough room to show.

Comment

• Carey5831
              • Nov 9, 2020

Love love love these! Great videos!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Enjoyed this and all of these. I wouldn't be opposed to these being a couple minutes longer! You could have demoed this a bit with a quick played out scene with the figures, heh!

Great stuff.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Did you pepper the box with high-powered BBs? There seems to be several small, round holes throughout. And if so, excellent shooting of Dr Zauis and the soldier! Right in the eye!
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                    Did you pepper the box with high-powered BBs? There seems to be several small, round holes throughout. And if so, excellent shooting of Dr Zauis and the soldier! Right in the eye!
                    i did not, I can't tell if it's BBs or a pencil but man, this kid had a couple of issues.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Luv the video!!!! It was a blast to watch on a Friday.
                      I have the POTA village and the Batcave sitting next to me while I work.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎