Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mego Knight Question...

I was just getting into Super Knights also. They don't seem to be on the FTC or CTVT sites anymore. Did they stop selling them? (Maybe they still sell the heads, clothing to put them together? I would have replaced the bodies anyway)

Images
    My ideas, so far...

Brown robe Merlin (with lighter brown tights underneath)...
    20210528_155943.jpg

OR...Brown robe Merlin with green bodysuit underneath?...
    20210528_160707.jpg

I'm not digging the idea of the purple robe now...LOL!...
    20210528_160958.jpg

I think I'm going with a mustachioed (black-haired) Galahad head, for a Sir Gawain custom (he is Galahad's brother, after all...edit: Oops, nevermind, I misremembered that bit, Galahad is Lancelot's son and Gawain is Arthur's nephew).
    20210528_162620.jpg

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; May 28, '21 at 4:23 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    No input on Merlin? Bah! I say..Bah! LOL! I'm kind of digging the brown and green combo, so far.

Here's where I've gone so far with Morgan Le Fay, not sure if it's where I want to go yet, but I thought Mego may have reused the OZ witch dress (from the recent Mego OZ Witch) and just added a bit to it (I used the Mego Endora purple sparkle vest, a purple scarf belt from FTC, some jewelry from a Go-Go's doll, black repro witch shoes, and black tights under the dress)...
    20210614_213002.jpg
    Last edited by danadoll; Jul 30, '21 at 7:45 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Brown and green is not bad, though you might use a darker green or Mego Cornelius tights. Is that a Zantor robe--it's good. Add a belt?

I think the problem with a purple robe is that Arthur's costume is also purple.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 14, '21 at 9:23 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I made a Merlin years ago. I had the Uncle Sam action figure (Forgot who made him) and used its head. The sculpt had a good beard to it. I added Figures toys Brown Druid robe, Brown Robin type shoes and Their version of the Witch hat. (Yep! it was a total rob of LOTR Gandalf from the animated movie.) For an accessory I added an old plastic black paint brush with a plastic gem glued at the fat end.

At the time, I had bought the FTC Knights Boxed. So that was the inspiration for Merlin. Sadly I sold the knights and disassemble Merl cause The Uncle Sam figure jumped in price on Greedbay and I was in need of $$$$
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    That still sounds like a cool Merlin build, ddgaff1132.

I agree about the purple robe, PNGwynne...plus I liked your idea of Merlin being more druid-ish (I started thinking Earthy colors). Yeah, I think I'll go with a darker green too (for the bodysuit). Thanks.

Dana