Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Looks like everything is sold out now even on BBTS. I was only able to snag the Horde set.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      So it appears the site has crashed, I had to go through BBTS at an increased price.
      On the bright side BBTS has more reasonable shipping.

The color variants don't really interest me and I'd be shocked if we don't get mass release of most of this stuff. Mattel has never been one to let tooling go to waste.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm on the fence about the four-pack. I thought you'd be all over that Filmation Hordak.

I really like Dupli-Cat.

I think you are correct about the tooling, look at the Lords of Power.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; May 22, '21, 12:39 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I thought you'd be all over that Filmation Hordak.
          I'd be really surprised if cannon arm Hordak doesn't get a retail release.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

I missed everything. Blah. Nothing too essential, but I would have liked the ghost pack.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

The fall-out from this happening is on par with the recent consumer toy scarcity tumult --- but as exponentially an amount as something as exclusive as this Power-Con MOTU Origins material would be expected... it's just like "wow".... these are strange times politically ... but that aside, this is a strange time to be a collector (how about that gun pulled at a Target over sports trading cards!!!)... may peace come to us all.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I would have loved to have gotten the Faker 2 pack and possible the Grayskull accessories pack.

I really hate con exclusives when they do new figures. That is just not helping the collectors out at all. I have no problem with repaints being an exclusive but offering new figure is like disrespecting the fans who are the ones who keep this line going. It is not the kids, my Walmart is sitting on wave one and not just He-Man & Skelator the whole wave one is sitting on the shelf.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

I tried ordering from PC and BBTS but both sold out. The website crashed at PC. This is why I never got started with some of the prior Mattel MOTU series like Classics, and voted with my wallet and supported Super 7 in every way. The demand far outstretches the supply. I would have bought all exclusive sets. Oh well.
                  I'm not too worried that things will get repurposed. I'm a sucker for anything that can add-on to the Castle G.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Given what a debacle this all was, I'd expect some sort of re-release by Mattel to make up for the blunder of the Powercon goofs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't get that impression from the site.

And yes, Origins is feeling much like Classics, ugh.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎