Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a Mothra fan (and for foes, Gidorah); I think a successful Godzilla line is one that really includes the classic family of monsters.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I'm a Mothra fan (and for foes, Gidorah); I think a successful Godzilla line is one that really includes the classic family of monsters.
      that was the thing that kept me away from Neca, very little non Godzilla in the line. All I ever saw were King Of The Monsters designs for other Toho Kaiju
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
        My understanding is that Super 7 will now be producing the 6 inch Godzilla Ultimates collector line. They also have license to produce more characters than just Godzilla himself.
        Mezco got a license too. 5 Points Destroy All Monsters is first but its pricy
        Last edited by thunderbolt; May 9, '21, 6:08 PM.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          According to what Brian Flynn said in a recent interview about Super 7's licensing agreement with Toho on Godzilla is that they can do any of the Toho monsters except Kong and Mechani-Kong.
          What about War of the Gargantuas?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

It's my understanding that any monster owned by Toho can be made by Super 7 except the two Kongs.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm waiting for someone to put hair to one of these figures and bring Kong to life. It looks like a piece that can be an impressive custom.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                • Jul 20, 2020

UPDATE: This guy has a review up

UPDATE: It has been learned this figure was intended to be released in June-ish exclusive FIRST at Target, then will be at other retail locations later in th...

Looks like there's a proto-skullcrawler, a Pteradactyl, branch weapon, and some minor changes to Kong overall, along with the hinged headsculpt.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Here's the full work up: https://news.toyark.com/2021/05/09/k...o-shoot-427230

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Yeah, a lot of the Godzilla collector groups I'm in seemed pretty bummed. There is conjecture that Playmates isn't pleased with NECA getting into TMNT and this is payback of sorts. I don't really know if that's true.
                    It's not. Playmates didn't "muscle them out" of the Godzilla business. That's just silly. NECA had tepid relations with Toho (they're the only company that couldn't convince Toho to allow them to make other monsters) and they've done their usual "blame Playmates" which is just nonsense. Playmates never got in their way with TMNT either. Playmates did try to hold onto their master TMNT license (who can blame them for that?!) but once they lost it, they've done zero to effect NECA.

In other news, I was wrong about this Kong's hands. He actually has all the previous hands and a new set. You just can't tell it by the way he's packaged.

There's really no reason to buy the first Kong release now.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                      • Jul 20, 2020

Neca: "What's that? You like King Kong? WELL HAVE ANOTHER ONE!"

I saw the Jungle Kong at my local Target the other day and was going to pick one up when I get paid, but I might hold off and get the Empire State Building one instead. IF ONLY I DIDN'T HAVE TO CHOOSE

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I know, I just want a new heads & (awesome!) accessories pack for the first release!… that would be a brilliant Kong playset, instead of a multiple figures assemblage.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 11, 2013

Here are some pictures of my two Neca Kongs:

16343303328746893549690491777776.jpg
                          16343304304514684180848077171137.jpg
                          16343305056354189490234346575585.jpg
                          16343305668045904199235160403882.jpg

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

Those are awesome displays. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡