• Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

A little tribute to Mego Jet Jungle

IMG_20210507_193122.jpg
    IMG_20210507_193221.jpg

The picture in the frame is a Jet Jungle T-shirt.
    The large Mego trading card is an enamel metal print of the actual Mego trading card. The three other pictures are of the famous boxed original Jet Jungle, that led to the rediscovery of the figure back in 2005.
    The figure in the box is an original Jet Jungle, in a reproduction box. The other box is also a reproduction. The black panther is of course Jupiter!!

"If your world's in trouble and you need a fighting friend who will come on the double, and fight through to the end, get Jet, get Jet, Jet Jungle is the man to get, get Jet"
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Very nice!

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Looks great! I would like to do that for my Mego Tarzan, the picture frame, trading card and pics of my original type-1 and type-2 in the window box and Kresge card, plus the custom I have too.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
        Career Member
        • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by TrekStar
        Looks great! I would like to do that for my Mego Tarzan, the picture frame, trading card and pics of my original type-1 and type-2 in the window box and Kresge card, plus the custom I have too.
        Go for it TrekStar! Would love to see it. Tarzan is one of my favourite Mego WGSH. A classic.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Great display.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• josephcardone
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 10, 2010

Really nice

Love Jet Jungle !!!

Comment

• AncientAlien
              • May 30, 2021

Wow, very nice!!

Can we still get an original Jet Jungle?

I know they were created for the South African market but on a google search all I get is the tshirts and maybe some modern looking action figure.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                Career Member
                • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by AncientAlien
                Wow, very nice!!

Can we still get an original Jet Jungle?

I know they were created for the South African market but on a google search all I get is the tshirts and maybe some modern looking action figure.

Yes, if any current owners are willing to sell.

Very rarely come onto the market. Without doubt, the hardest and rarest WGSH to acquire.

Comment

• AncientAlien
                  • May 30, 2021

Such a pity!!

I'm South African and grew up with Jet Jungle as a radio show and although I can't really remember the action figure, I do vaguely remember someone in the neighbourhood having the bicycle, which we could buy from one of our established grocery stores.

On a side note, I never ate Jungle Oats which was associated with Jet Jungle.

I know there is another thread where someone said they had a Jet Jungle and another figurine she wanted info on but don't remember the year of the thread or post so will go and search it.

Comment

• Corndog
                    • Apr 30, 2021

Really cool display, jet jungle is a pretty underrated WGSH figure.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Jet Jungle is a very cool mego, he’s sort of a Tarzan/James Bond mix. There’s plenty of remade customs of him out there, I sometimes see folks putting him on a mego type-1 body with ctvt repro head and outfit and custom art window boxes.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎