Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego toys you'd like that aren't 8 inch or 14 inch action figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mego toys you'd like that aren't 8 inch or 14 inch action figures?

I'd think new Speedburners would be pretty cool.

Candi would also be nice. Not updated. I'm talking spot on reproduction of 70s/80s Candi. First of all it would be nice to get a Candi that wasn't zombie gray. Second a retro fashion doll is also a market that isn't being filled right now. I think it could be a fun nice niche market for 70s/80s kids since Mattel is pretty much ignoring that era now.

BTW: What exactly do they still own? Micronauts and Eagle Force are sadly out of the question.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

3 3/4 figures for cult classic SciFi. Black Hole to start with, and then shows like Last Starfighter, Westworld, etc. The MEGO version of the ReAction figures.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I’d like some new retro Pocket Heroes. That’s not a suggestion as I’m sure it would be a giant flop with every company out there making 3 3/4” figures and the fact that they look janky by today’s standards (and maybe even by 70’s standards!) but they are getting expensive to find even in poor condition and maybe it would be fun to see a Green Lantern or a Flash or a slightly reworked Batman that had a regular head instead of the rubber head and cape combo!
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'd love some Pocket Heroes. I'd leave the sculpts exactly the same but add more paint. Most the sculpts are pretty good but are really hurt by their lack of paint.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love repro Pocket Heroes--with Joker and Penguin added.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

That could be done really well with emphasis on the playsets :-P

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I'd think new Speedburners would be pretty cool.

Candi would also be nice. Not updated. I'm talking spot on reproduction of 70s/80s Candi. First of all it would be nice to get a Candi that wasn't zombie gray. Second a retro fashion doll is also a market that isn't being filled right now. I think it could be a fun nice niche market for 70s/80s kids since Mattel is pretty much ignoring that era now.

BTW: What exactly do they still own? Micronauts and Eagle Force are sadly out of the question.
              Count me in on Pocket Heroes. I’d love to see some vintage properties get the proper 3.75 inch treatment.

Super 7’s ReAction line is disappointing to me because they seem to think that their intentionally bad head sculpts somehow make their figures more “retro.” The nearly $20 price tag doesn’t help.

I’d love to see Mego take a stab at that market, with their superior sculpting and more affordable pricing.

Comment

• fun guy
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 24, 2011

Yeah,count me in,i would like to see the pocket heroes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Pocket Heroes would be a dream line for me. I would like to see Flash and GL added as Andy said, with the same old paint apps. Also finally give us Joker, Penguin and Captain Marvel (Shazam). Then do a 2nd series with more modern paint to bring out the sculpts. Oh, and give Robin some sleeves!

Best of both worlds, and if companies like Funko can mind the hell out of the same 3.75" sculpt over and over, so can Mego.

I would be down for reissues of the Batmobile, Spider-Car and Invisible Plane, and maybe a comic-accurate Supermobile?

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I never got the magnetic guys - I think those could be cool.

I'm on a pretty big Maddie Mod kick right now too.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Micronauts is really the only other major gem they had.

In a lot of ways Mego is lucky that their winning formula was the whole body with a costume thing because if they had just made these lines in another format, I doubt anyone would have been excited for a comeback. The 8 inch stuff works because it's different than what's available or has been available.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I'd buy tons of pocket heroes...even over 8" figures. 3.75 is my favorite scale.

If they could maintain the original aesthetic they would be freaking amazing. Minimal paint, vac metal emblems...oh yeah.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Pocket Heroes versions of not just the DC characters, but properties like Hammer, Ultraman, Star Trek, etc. would really vault Mego to the top of the retro game.

I mean, seriously, 99.9% of us Museum members would go... well, "ape", for Planet of the Apes Pocket Heroes, right?
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                            Pocket Heroes versions of not just the DC characters, but properties like Hammer, Ultraman, Star Trek, etc. would really vault Mego to the top of the retro game.

I mean, seriously, 99.9% of us Museum members would go... well, "ape", for Planet of the Apes Pocket Heroes, right?
                            Yes, absolutely. I’d love to see a proper Star Trek 3.75in line, as well as POTA.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                              … I mean, seriously, 99.9% of us Museum members would go... well, "ape", for Planet of the Apes Pocket Heroes, right?
                              Suppose I'm in the 00.1% on that as said *janky* Apes would be disappointing, especially since Super7 did rock out a diverse line-up with the Lawgiver and a playset, which I'm not entirely sure is finished yet.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎