X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
    If you're ever in Hackettstown NJ (Warren County) you have to try "The Sub Shack"

BEST French-Dip sub's EVER !!!
    Sorry baby, if you want the best French Dip Sammich, you gotta get your a5s over to Philippe's in L.A. Both Bukowski and I agree. (Just go easy on their atomic mustard.)

Philippe The Original is one of the oldest and best known restaurants in Southern California. Philippe’s was established in 1908 by Philippe Mathieu, who claimed the distinction of having created the “French Dipped Sandwich.” One day in 1918, while making a sandwich, Mathieu inadvertently dropped the sliced french roll into the roasting pan filled with juice still hot from the oven. The patron, a policeman, said he would take the sandwich anyway and returned the next day with some friends asking for more dipped sandwiches. And so was born the “French Dipped Sandwich,” so called either because of Mathieu’s French heritage, the French roll the sandwich is made on or because the officer’s name was French. The answer is lost to history.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎