X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Star Wars Bad Batch

anyone watch? i liked it a lot more than i was expecting too. I had not cared for the episode they were shoehorned in as an introduction in the final season of Clone Wars but I really liked this and that they are exploring what happened after order 66. Not crazy about the animation looking like it was done with crayons though
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

It was just okay. More Filoni Clone Wars, essentially.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      It was just okay. More Filoni Clone Wars, essentially.
      Which it fine by me! I enjoyed the Clone Wars series and this is on our watch list for sure. New episode tomorrow!
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Clone Wars was really good. But I am beyond tired of that era. Even Rebels, that was initially promised to be a return to the classic trilogy in style and tone, turned into just more Clone Wars. That era has been mined to death on TV.

Do a series between SW and Empire with Luke, Han, Leia, etc. If they can milk the time between EP2 and EP3 for 12 years for the Clone Wars series they can certainly do the same for SW and Empire. I don't mean to be a downer I am just so bloody tired of the Clone Wars era.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

well in fairness, this continues the story after the clone wars. but i agree, i would like to see something with Han, Luke and Leia too

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I don't mind. It's pretty much answering the question of what happened to the Clones after The Clone Wars.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Clone Wars was really good. But I am beyond tired of that era. Even Rebels, that was initially promised to be a return to the classic trilogy in style and tone, turned into just more Clone Wars. That era has been mined to death on TV.

Do a series between SW and Empire with Luke, Han, Leia, etc. If they can milk the time between EP2 and EP3 for 12 years for the Clone Wars series they can certainly do the same for SW and Empire. I don't mean to be a downer I am just so bloody tired of the Clone Wars era.
              I'm perfectly happy to watch them squeeze every last bit out of the Clone Wars, but I'm generally tired of the whole concept of prequels. Grow a pair and do something post-Rise of Skywalker that sets the stage for moving the timeline forward. I'll be kinda sad if I die and Rey is still the end with the light sabers buried in the sand.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Yes, I watched The Bad Batch.

I thought it was good.

I like the characters.

I noticed that there was an announcement that Lego is going make their Shuttle.

Maybe there was a little too much of the Cloning Facility but it looks like they will be done with that.

The one character has a knife similar the the laser blade in the Solo movie.

I think the Cassian Andor series is being filmed now, so I'll enjoy all these little in between moments that are after The Clone Wars and before the Battle of Yavin.

The one character in the show is sort of like a bad guy Clint Eastwood mixed with the Galaxy Rangers character that was also like Clint Eastwood, and maybe it is combined with some other characters and movie features and elements found in 1960's to 1970's movies.

They also seem to have a nice Predator type ensemble going for them.

I think eventually they are supposed to have movies that take place after The Rise of Skywalker, and some of those films might focus of places in their unknown territories of The Galaxy.

I'm just think it's cool to have another weekly outer space show to watch.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  well in fairness, this continues the story after the clone wars. but i agree, i would like to see something with Han, Luke and Leia too
                  If Favreau and Filoni were in charge of it, I would agree completely. Otherwise hard pass.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

I like the newest episode as well as the other ones, they seem to be doing pretty good.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i am liking this show. glad to see they brought Cad Bane back. i'm curious where they are going with the storyline though

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

It would seem that Omega is Boba's sister. They called him Alpha and she's suppose to be an unaltered Clone like him.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          It would seem that Omega is Boba's sister. They called him Alpha and she's suppose to be an unaltered Clone like him.
                          interesting. i hadn't thought about that. but I wonder who she grows up to become

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

^Wonder if she shows up in The Book of Boba Fett?

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

The series did manage to draw me in closer, and to turn into something special along the way.

It got really fun and interesting every inch of the way, a little at a time, and then I realize that I'm really enjoying The Bad Batch.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎