• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 90: Movie Posters with Blake Armstrong

Pod Stallions Episode 90: Movie Posters
    We've said it for years: we don't know much about art, but we know what we like. And what we LOVE is movie poster & key art! Since the podcast isn't a visual medium, we got movie art campaign genius & classic poster fan Blake Armstrong to join us to enhance ' art appreciation via audio'. We explore classic & current marketing trends and namecheck our favorite artists along the way. It's one-sheet madness on the new ep of Pod Stallions!
    YouTube:

Download MP3:
    We’ve said it for years: we don’t know much about art, but we know what we like. And what we LOVE is movie poster & key art! Since the podcast isn’t a visual medium, we got movie art campaign genius & classic poster fan Blake Armstrong to join us to enhance ‘ art appreciation via […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Listening now, but I have to chime in and say I agree about the lack of humanity in ST:TMP. They left out the Gene L. Coon.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Fun show! I really enjoyed the discussion. It's nice to actually hear from someone from Metropolis, IL who is a fan/creator. I have been there several times, and I've often wondered how the whole Superman thing permeates into the culture for the locals beyond that first weekend in June.

Loved the poster talk. Movie posters are something I love, but honestly I have never really dug into who created what beyond the obvious Struzans, etc. And I'm not sure why, especially since I am obsessed with comic art, and there's quite a bit of crossover as you pointed out.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Did you make that Golden Girls STTMP poster?
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎