X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

The Dark side of Fandom: the Jedi homicide

I actually never heard this story before, Junkman has alot of good toy content as well.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

wow, i had never of this either. not that the guy deserved to be murdered like that, but what kind of nasty person spends that much time and effort on playing a hoax on someone. I mean there was no gain in it for him, other than to just be an mean spirited a ss h ole

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

One thing I'm unclear of. They said it was all a hoax, but Leigh did see his ideas/drawings used in Return of the Jedi. Was that just a coincidence?

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Tragic story.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        wow, i had never of this either. not that the guy deserved to be murdered like that, but what kind of nasty person spends that much time and effort on playing a hoax on someone. I mean there was no gain in it for him, other than to just be an mean spirited a ss h ole
        If I understood correctly... it was money, right? Leigh had payed Ralph about $5000 for all the stuff he was "doing for him"...

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by RonnyG
          One thing I'm unclear of. They said it was all a hoax, but Leigh did see his ideas/drawings used in Return of the Jedi. Was that just a coincidence?
          That's the way I took it. I think there were a few similarities and he just saw what he wanted to see.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
            Tragic story.
            If I understood correctly... it was money, right? Leigh had payed Ralph about $5000 for all the stuff he was "doing for him"...
            you're right, they did say that. Well, you reap what you sow

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎