Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dark Shadows Display (With a bunch of stand-ins)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

WOW! It looks amazing! You really outdid yourself! Very nice touches throughout! I can almost see Willie coming through those swinging doors. LOL And I appreciate the blue candles and the secret room behind the bookcase.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Parlor party! What a great project this continues to be!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by RonnyG
        WOW! It looks amazing! You really outdid yourself! Very nice touches throughout! I can almost see Willie coming through those swinging doors. LOL And I appreciate the blue candles and the secret room behind the bookcase.
        Thank you very much RonnyG! (It sure would be great to have a Willie Loomis figure!, I haven't seen a Mego-scaled face yet that works for me, except of course Spectre's prototype.)

I started with the blueprint from the original set, which is how we see it in the Old House's first appearance in episode 70. I learned a great deal about this set when I was researching it (Thank you TubiTV, waaaaayyyy easier to freeze frames on my laptop than on my TV with DVDs.) Overall, stage right (fireplace, on) remains mostly the same throughout the series, with some minor changes to the structure plus paint & various window dressings. Stage left is fluid and goes through many changes, starting with the addition of the bookcase when Matthew kidnaps Victoria.

I had to compromise on height due to space limitations, but generally the width is more or less 1/9 scale of the dimensions of the original set with some adjustments. My model stops at the outer edge of the window on stage right, and I had to wing it for dimensions on the stub piece, wall & bookcase on stage left. This was such a fun project and an excellent distraction while my knee is on the mend. If I could figure out how to do this kind of thing full time, I'd be a happy camper.

Center Stage:
        DSBP1.jpg

Stage Right:
        DSBP2.jpg

Comment

• Dark Shadow
          Creature Of The Night
          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
          Parlor party! What a great project this continues to be!
          Thank you Confessional! I'm thinking of customizing a distant relative from the future, perhaps from the year 3,978

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Great job, what a fun project.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Great job, what a fun project.
              Thank you PNGwynne, definitely enjoyed the process!

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I love it! You did such a great job on it, DS! Bravo!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by danadoll
                  I love it! You did such a great job on it, DS! Bravo!

Dana
                  Thank you Dana, I really appreciate your feedback!

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                    Thank you Dana, I really appreciate your feedback!
                    Of course. I started posting my WIP customs here, btw...

Here are a few of my work-in-progress Dark Shadows customs...keep in mind, they are in various stages of progress (some are near the very start of work, like Carolyn Stoddard and Maggie Evans, then there others who are nearly done, like Adam or Elizabeth Collins-Stoddard)... Elizabeth Collins-Stoddard... Roger Collins (I

Dana

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

BTW, I'm collecting supplies and set pieces to build my own "Old House" diorama display. I've got candles, started on some fabric searches, furniture is certainly hard to find, though, isn't it!? Whew!

DS, I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about your diorama?

Dana

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by danadoll
                        BTW, I'm collecting supplies and set pieces to build my own "Old House" diorama display. I've got candles, started on some fabric searches, furniture is certainly hard to find, though, isn't it!? Whew!

DS, I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about your diorama?

Dana
                        I look forward to seeing your display when you're done and I hope you enjoy your project. And, not at all, feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. Just keep in mind I don't log in every day, but I will respond as soon as I can.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, that green Lee sweater is now out of stock. Dangit.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Ach, that green Lee sweater is now out of stock. Dangit.
                            Yes, unfortunately, it is, and the figure is fairly expensive too. I'm probably just going to go the route of dyeing a Hutch sweater (if it's even dyeable?).

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

DS and PNG, I'd try that RIT dyemore, that should do it?

Thank you, DS.

Dana

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎