Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dark Shadows Display (With a bunch of stand-ins)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

My Dark Shadows Display (With a bunch of stand-ins)

My Dark Shadows set, with a bunch of All Star stand-ins:

DS13.jpg

DS14.jpg

DS15.jpg
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Kinescope version:

DS18.jpg

DS16.jpg

DS17.jpg

DS21.jpg
    Last edited by Dark Shadow; May 2, '21, 7:42 PM.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Very nice! The fireplace mantle looks very elegant, and you've captured the Old House's spooky basement perfectly with the archways!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Thank you RonnyG! I had a lot of fun building the basement, been working on it a little here & there these past few weeks. I started on the parlor in 2013/14 I think, and had plans to do the basement & mausoleum. It all came to a halt when I heard Spectre folded and Wave 2 was cancelled, but this awesome run of Mego Monsters has reinspired me.

I'm going to revamp the parlor next, I have a copy of the blueprint and am going to try and get a little more accurate with it. The centerpiece will remain, but the louvred doors and bay window will be redone. The original blueprint has a set of doors on each side of the fireplace, I think I'm going to go that route, I'm partial to symmetry.

Funny story about the arches, I had just finished them and was waiting for my Mego Frankenstein figures to arrive, when around the same time I got my 3 pack of Toy-Venture magazines. In issue #2, on page 21, there is a photo of The Monster Squad board game by Milton Bradley, which incidentally inspired me to showcase The Big 3 accordingly within my arches.

pic48220.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Really nice work, I love dioramas. I'm only a casual fan of DS, but I appreciate the detail you've included.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

Thank you PNGwynne! I love dioramas too, I think as a kid I had just as much fun (if not more) setting up scenes as I did playing with the figures themselves. Some things never change.

The parlor stand-ins are as follows:

FTC Reaper = Diablos (1968)
            FTC Barbara Gordon = Josette
            Original Mego Scotty = Mortal Barnabas
            EMCE Frankenstein & Bride = Adam & Eve
            Spectre Angelique = Herself
            Spectre Jennings Werewolf = Quentin Werewolf
            Sideshow Dracula Bat = Dark Shadows Puppet Vampire Bat
            Flatt Dracula = Just for the heck of it...plus, they're using his coffin downstairs

The only basement stand-in, really, would be Hyde = John Yeager.

The rest, all inspirations for one story line or another, just seem like they belong there. I always thought there was an element of Phantom in the kidnapping of Maggie Evans, might just be me though.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Dioramatastic! Easy to see the fun and enjoyment you're having… with an Apes babydoll too.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
                Dioramatastic! Easy to see the fun and enjoyment you're having… with an Apes babydoll too.
                HaHa, Yup!

But ssshhh...Jenny thinks it's one of her children. Two things Jenny loves:

Her children...

...and daggers...

...which someone left one on that crate. Yikes!

DS20.jpg
                Last edited by Dark Shadow; May 2, '21, 3:07 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

This looks great. This was clearly a labor of love. Scotty looks nice in formal ware too!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Thanks sprytel! Scotty does clean up nice, doesn't he? Back in the day, Scotty was my first custom. I saw a bit of a resemblance to Jonathan Frid, and dressed him in my AHI Dracula outfit and that was my Barnabas figure in the mid 70's.

Frid.jpgScotty (2).jpg

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                      My Dark Shadows set, with a bunch of All Star stand-ins:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30648[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30649[/ATTACH]
                      Looks great! Just finished an episode of Dark Shadows, and now getting ready to hit the sack for the evening.

I’ve said it a million times, but I hope Mego does a Dark Shadows line. They’re just leaving money on the table.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

Thank you Liu Bei! A million more times is fine with me, whatever it takes my friend!

One carded Barnabas sold for $520.00 just last week, and the card was pretty jacked up. Two weeks prior to that, another carded one sold as a "Best Offer Accepted" which had an original asking price of $550.00. Those are two extremes, but it is not uncommon for a carded Barnabas to hit between $150 & $200 (or more), and loose ones are fetching well over $100. Even Angelique & Jennings are starting to climb up pretty high these days.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Cotswold Collectibles has a set for sale, $150-ish each.

I think Mego Corp. would do well with DS releases, at least Barnabas.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Cotswold Collectibles has a set for sale, $150-ish each.

I think Mego Corp. would do well with DS releases, at least Barnabas.
                            Thank you, that's a pretty nice set! First visit to that site, now it's bookmarked for future visits...thank you!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

They're good peeps, filling a niche, too.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎