Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Very Odd And Somewhat Random Movie Comments Thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

The Very Odd And Somewhat Random Movie Comments Thread.

I would very much like to have a place to throw a side note or comment about a DVD or Streaming Movie that we are watching.

I guess that it would be impossible to avoid Spoilers this way,
    but it should still be fun, and maybe a little different than giving a review.

Spoilers:

Big Spoilers -

I want to begin by saying that there is a certain moment in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, taking place in Cloud City, that very much resembles a similar scene in Major Dundee.

Am I late to this observation?

Has it been talked about before?

It just made me thought of watching a George Lucas interview, where he was saying something like he wanted to put things in Star Wars that would have a psychological effect on the audience.

So, maybe he made it like that, or the director of that sequel did it, and came up with the idea for it.

I wondered why the Cloud City uniforms were like those of the 1860's United States Cavalry.

(then there is Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and The Searches connection, The Dam Busters and similarities with Star Wars, 1977)

-and probably a lot more. (Oh, I also watched again The Trial of Billy Jack, only on DVD, having a scene similar to Luke in the Cave in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)
  • UOBob
    Mostly Harmless
    • Jul 18, 2006

The demonic form of Violator from the Spawn comics first appeared in a Ralph Bakshi film. Might have been Coonskin but I think it was Wizards. There's a scene featuring several horrible monsters, and its right there briefly. Not just kinda looking like Violator, but rather exactly like Violator. There's no ambiguity there lol!
    мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by UOBob
      The demonic form of Violator from the Spawn comics first appeared in a Ralph Bakshi film. Might have been Coonskin but I think it was Wizards. There's a scene featuring several horrible monsters, and its right there briefly. Not just kinda looking like Violator, but rather exactly like Violator. There's no ambiguity there lol!
      That's cool.

It almost like having a secret origin story.

I have seen Wizards, it might have been that, but it was a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎