X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

any other Love at First Bite fans ?

Loved Love at First Bite ever since I seen it new in the theatre.

It's not a barrel of laughs but enough to balance itself out with the actual love story it is.

BTW, am I crazy or did Eddie Murphy's Vampire in Brooklyn totally rip this off ?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Always have had a soft spot for this film.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oh yeah, it's a great romp.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

The whole cast is good, but Johnson's Renfield steals the film.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Fun flick, and it's ironic that it kind of killed the box office of the Frank Langella Dracula, which is highly underrated, I think.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Fun flick, and it's ironic that it kind of killed the box office of the Frank Langella Dracula, which is highly underrated, I think.

Chris
            I agree with that. It's a super fun movie with great performances but, yeah, it totally tanked the fantastic Dracula 79.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

This helped enhance the trivia question "Name the only 3 actors to have played both Zorro and Dracula."
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

There were always rumors of a sequel but that never got anywhere.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I agree with that. It's a super fun movie with great performances but, yeah, it totally tanked the fantastic Dracula 79.
                  Well, let's not forget that the Langella Dracula was also panned by the critics at the time.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

This helped enhance the trivia question "Name the only 3 actors to have played both Zorro and Dracula."
                    Anthony Hopkins played Zorro and Van Helsing, but missed out on Dracula. And Antonio Banderas played Hopkin's successor as Zorro, AND a vampire, but NOT Dracula.

And of course after Langella and Hamilton, the other one is Duncan Regher. Too bad Guy Williams never played Dracula! ;-)

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎