Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanchez Will Play A Direct Descendent of Mr Roarke - Fox To Reboot Fantasy Island

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Sanchez Will Play A Direct Descendent of Mr Roarke - Fox To Reboot Fantasy Island

I wonder who will replace Roddy McDowall as the Devil?

Fox's 'Fantasy Island' reboot has tapped Roselyn Sanchez ('Devious Maids') to star as a descendant of Mr. Roarke — plus, get premiere date.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

It seems more true to the concept than the recent horror movie. Anthology shows (and "reboot anthology shows") haven't done really well, though. The Twilight Zone reboot was cancelled. Amazing Stories seems to be dead on Apple+. Etc. Hopefully this one will succeed where others have not.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

She’s hot, but I don’t watch lame Network TV anymore. So I will never watch it.
      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Yes she’s definitely hot stuff but...something tells me this remake will flop.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
          She’s hot, but I don’t watch lame Network TV anymore. So I will never watch it.
          If it was something I thought I'd be interested in viewing, I'd watch it whether it was on network TV or not.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i don't think this type of show works in the modern world. i agree it will likely flop. but hey, if it works and people like it, more power to them. i'm with Hector, i don't watch much network TV anymore. I think the last thing I watched on regular TV was the season finale of Walking Dead

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              i'm with Hector, i don't watch much network TV anymore. I think the last thing I watched on regular TV was the season finale of Walking Dead
              Probably just splitting hairs here, but I thought network/"regular" TV was only the over the air networks of ABC, CBS, CW, Fox, and NBC? I didn't think AMC, where "Walking Dead" aired, was considered "regular" TV?

In any case, yeah, I'd tend to agree with you that this show may flop.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by apes3978
                If it was something I thought I'd be interested in viewing, I'd watch it whether it was on network TV or not.
                All networks shows suck. I can’t think of one decent one in recent memory. Name me 20, I’ll hate very one of them, lol.

They have nothing like The Boys, Umbrella Academy, Invincible, The Expanse, Westworld, Raised by Wolves, etc. Not one single Network show produces that type of programming. Network shows is crap like The Resident, Hawaii Five O, Blindspot, The Masked Singer, The Voice, Young Rock, The Equalizer, Mr Mayor. All that stuff holds zero interest to me. Same old boring and unimaginative been there-done that type of shows. Nothing fresh about them. I consider them dumb down programming. Network is also restrictive with content, you can’t really push the envelope, too many rules and regulations. And don’t get me started about the commercials. I’m done with commercials, lol.

And when I say Network, I mean the four old dinosaurs, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

Obviously Networks like AMC and others similar on free TV are fine.

Although I do watch sports on those before mentioned channels, but that’s live sports programming. They are not fictional produced shows.

Anyway, that’s just my humble opinion of course...
                Last edited by Hector; May 2, '21, 9:47 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by apes3978
                  Probably just splitting hairs here, but I thought network/"regular" TV was only the over the air networks of ABC, CBS, CW, Fox, and NBC? I didn't think AMC, where "Walking Dead" aired, was considered "regular" TV?

In any case, yeah, I'd tend to agree with you that this show may flop.
                  Yeah, my rant was about what I consider the old four fart past their prime networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    i don't think this type of show works in the modern world. i agree it will likely flop. but hey, if it works and people like it, more power to them. i'm with Hector, i don't watch much network TV anymore. I think the last thing I watched on regular TV was the season finale of Walking Dead
                    Yeah, AMC is a good channel. They do push the envelope like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and the Walking Dead shows
                    sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

All networks shows suck. I can’t think of one decent one in recent memory. Name me 20, I’ll hate very one of them, lol.
                      Oh... now that it moved to Hulu, are we pretending that The Orville never existed on network TV?

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Oh... now that it moved to Hulu, are we pretending that The Orville never existed on network TV?
                        Ok, you got me on that one...

Name me another modern Network show that I might like...

I admitted to The Orville, so will eat crow there. But highly doubt I’ll eat crow again...

sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

What about the NCIS episodes?

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

They have nothing like The Boys, Umbrella Academy, Invincible, The Expanse, Westworld, Raised by Wolves, etc. Not one single Network show produces that type of programming. Network shows is crap like The Resident, Hawaii Five O, Blindspot, The Masked Singer, The Voice, Young Rock, The Equalizer, Mr Mayor. All that stuff holds zero interest to me. Same old boring and unimaginative been there-done that type of shows. Nothing fresh about them. I consider them dumb down programming. Network is also restrictive with content, you can’t really push the envelope, too many rules and regulations. And don’t get me started about the commercials. I’m done with commercials, lol.

And when I say Network, I mean the four old dinosaurs, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

Obviously Networks like AMC and others similar on free TV are fine.

Although I do watch sports on those before mentioned channels, but that’s live sports programming. They are not fictional produced shows.

Anyway, that’s just my humble opinion of course...

Point taken

Can't say I disagree with you either.

As far as the big four's programming, I think Fox's Sunday night Animation Domination block holds up pretty well, but outside of watching those shows occasionally, I don't view much network TV, other than the new contest show, "Pooch Perfect"-I've seen enough of it now to want to see who wins it

I mainly watch some of the cable networks, but there's no escaping commercials for me.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              What about the NCIS episodes?
                              I hate those with a passion, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰