Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel legends or Marvel universe , which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Marvel legends or Marvel universe , which do you prefer?

I had a nice bronze age era MU collection. Still have a shelf full now. I picked up the recent Marvel Legends Electro. And I'd like to get the new Firestar when they come down in price.

Anyway what is your preference? Both in scale and in character selection.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Apr 28, '21, 7:44 AM.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Legends. to me they are the epitome of the perfect action figure. And i just bought and found the Shang Chi wave today at Walmart). and i get a kick out of the secret wars vintage Kenner feel from the new retro line. I admit, I hated the previous small marvel universe figures and bowed out when they were selling them for 13 dollars

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Legends by a mile. The character selection is nothing short of amazing these days.

I still can't believe I have a figure of the Fabulous Frog Man

Just picked up MODOK also.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I liked the Hasbro 3.75" Marvel Universe line a lot. Some of those sculpts were fantastic, and the range of characters they ended up producing was impressive.

Marvel Legends 6" is going from strength to strength. Their sculpts are now almost always awesome, and the accessories such as alternate hands, heads, etc. are very welcome additions.

The new retro style 3.75" line is cool. I'm looking forward to future waves.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Marvel Legends by a wide margin, although both are good. The fact that Marvel Legends figures often look BETTER in sculpting, detail and paint apps than the high-end foreign-release figures that cost 4 times as much is just astonishing to me.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I weakened, and got the 3.75" retro Daredevil and Electro. I can't collect these, but I find these incredibly charming and couldn't resist cherry-picking. I've seen perhaps five characters so far but not Captain America, which would be hard to resist.

Design wise, the only one I feel is lacking is Iceman, whom I feel should be frosted, not translucent.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I weakened, and got the 3.75" retro Daredevil and Electro. I can't collect these, but I find these incredibly charming and couldn't resist cherry-picking. I've seen perhaps five characters so far but not Captain America, which would be hard to resist.

Design wise, the only one I feel is lacking is Iceman, whom I feel should be frosted, not translucent.
              You can make a frosted Iceman very easily. Just spray the translucent figure with a couple layers of Testors dullcote, letting it fully dry between.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

When I collected MU I wanted a bronze age Defenders set and whatever 70's era figures that looked cool.
                20210507_103709.jpg

If I get into Legends I'd want characters that appeared on Spiderfriends and 70's Daredevil villains . Keeping a 13 figure limit like the marvel megos would help.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

I've been on a marvel kick the past month, marvel legends really upped their game the past couple years.
                  20210519_073921.jpg

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

The Hasbro Marvel Legends have been really beautifully made figures, but I just can't collect them all (not at the price or size). I have collected only a few favorites here and there, though.

I do love the 3.75 inch scale Universe figures, though. I've collected quite a few, but I don't want the entire collection. I've just been collecting some of my favorites from the Marvel movies, some Marvel Universe figures that strike my fancy and several to make customs of my favorite Marvel characters (that haven't been made by Hasbro...believe me, there were a lot...LOL!).

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by danadoll
                      The Hasbro Marvel Legends have been really beautifully made figures, but I just can't collect them all (not at the price or size). I have collected only a few favorites here and there, though.

I do love the 3.75 inch scale Universe figures, though. I've collected quite a few, but I don't want the entire collection. I've just been collecting some of my favorites from the Marvel movies, some Marvel Universe figures that strike my fancy and several to make customs of my favorite Marvel characters (that haven't been made by Hasbro...believe me, there were a lot...LOL!).

Dana
                      I doubt there are many fans you embrace 60 years of marvel equally. I enjoyed the early bronze age and late 70's- early 80's cartoons . Mattel's 1966 Batman line might have been a collect em line but marvel universe or Legends currently isn't. Also Legends started in 2001-02 so the quality,size and style of the toy biz figures are not the same as the current waves but that's another story.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                        I doubt there are many fans you embrace 60 years of marvel equally.
                        I really don't know what you mean by that, MM?

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by danadoll
                          I really don't know what you mean by that, MM?

Dana
                          The people buying first appearance Ironman aren't the same people buying movie accurate Vulture. At least I only buy figures that remember fondly or were in runs I collected.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

Bring on the bad guys
                            BUNDLE-HAS5646-01_001_780x825_crop_top.jpg

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

I’ll be getting 6/7 from that series, just so I can build Xemnu. I’ll probably resell Lady Deathstrike and the Hood, and since I own the two previous Dr Doom releases I have no interest in this one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎