• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

removing marker ink from mego suit

so i buy this ironman suit more in hope than expectation ,

as you can see pretty messed up ,got it today tried dish soap nothing so i used neat bleach on it just on the stained parts left it on 5 minutes or so by the third application ,it had started to lift a little ,so on it went again ,and forgot about it 10 minutes or so later i look and its almost gone ,with no damage to the fabric ,just thought id share ,anyone got a spare ironman head for sale

20210427_170124.jpg

20210427_170113.jpg
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

What is "neat bleach"? I googled it and assume it's just straight bleach. Is that right? I have some Peter Parker pants with red staining that I want to remove...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

hi yeah just toilet bleach was what i used ,heres the listing for the suit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224433068981
        Last edited by libby 1957dog; Apr 27, '21, 4:47 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Toilet bleach?… like the blue gel you squeeze into the bowl and scrub?

Whatever you used produced amazing results! Specific product would be great to know.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Wow what a difference, looks great. I’ll have to keep this tip trick in mind, if I pick up marker stained Trek shirts cheap.

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

That is an incredible result. Thanks for posting this. If could tell us the exact product you used it would be very appreciated.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

im in the uk and this is the product i used just a generic thick clear gel household bleach ,clear not blue

with it being gel ,it does spread but is a little more controllable as to where you put it ,but honestly id didn't pay much for the suit and didn't expect it to work ,and had more or less given up on it so i wasn't super careful about how i put the bleach on or washed it off ,and it made no detrimental impact on the red parts at all ,no one was more surprised than me when it worked lol ,id give it a try on if you have one a old ratty garment you could mark up with a similar stain to the one you're trying to remove to start with and go from there

20210501_102854.jpg

20210501_102909.jpg

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

ok ive just noticed looking at my pictures again ,you can see the effect of the bleach on the treated sleeve as its bleached the stitching white from the yellow it was originally ,not a deal breaker to me but worth pointing out i thought

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                    ok ive just noticed looking at my pictures again ,you can see the effect of the bleach on the treated sleeve as its bleached the stitching white from the yellow it was originally ,not a deal breaker to me but worth pointing out i thought
                    No Problem. A dab of color marker to the now white stitching will conceal it. Great tip thanks for sharing!!!
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• greensavage2000
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about this and posting pics of the product you used. Sorry it took me so long to respond back.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎