X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The Punisher!!

Well, Frankencastle Punisher. My favorite version. He's 11 inches tall, built on the plastic doll armature I've been using with a load of foam, polypipe, 1/6 weapons, a Dollar Tree personal fan for the working Gatling gun, I sculpted the head from scratch. The engine block was part of a yoga block made of EVA foam, with string lights, wired in for the 8 cylinders of death.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

This turned great. Looks just like the source material:

Frankencastle Punisher.jpg

The Punisher is dead, so who, or what, is the giant patchwork monster skulking through the tunnels under New York? And what do those strange armored Japanese hunters tracking him want? Criminals are no longer being killed; they are simply vanishing into thin air. Listen closely, you can hear their pleas far below the streets. Those forgotten by society have a new protector. The Legion of Monsters has found a new leader. Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster? Collecting DARK REIGN: THE LIST - PUNISHER, PUNISHER #11-16, FRANKEN-CASTLE #17-21 and DARK WOLVERINE #88-89.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 25, '21, 6:16 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Clueless on this character, but I like it.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Clueless on this character, but I like it.
        Castle was cut to bits by Wolverine's jerky son Daken and put back together by Morbius in the hopes he would help them defeat a group of monster killers. He eventually came around.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That looks great, fantastic job and thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Battery powered wildness!… gonna take a few looks to take this one in; lots going on here.

Are you saying the gun spins using a fan motor?
            Last edited by Confessional; Apr 26, '21, 9:07 AM. Reason: … first custom ever made with "yoga block!"

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

That looks AMAZING. I love the car battery on his back.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Another stellar job. I think the whole concept of the character in actual canon is WAY beyond what should have ever been done with him, but the visual works, but never better than what you've done here.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Another stellar job. I think the whole concept of the character in actual canon is WAY beyond what should have ever been done with him, but the visual works, but never better than what you've done here.

Chris
                  I liked the storyline, I find the character very one dimensional normally so this shook him up for a dozen or so issues. I could see him on a alternate earth as a pulp hero from the 30s who was so broken down that he had to have this done to him to continue the war on crime.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

never heard of this version but your fig is AWESOME as always!!
                    so many great details but the spray painted chest skull caught my eye

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Very nice work.

Comment

• battmasterson
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice, as always. You are very creative and always have a unique take on the characters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Sorry missed the question. Yes it does spin with the motor from the little fan.

Originally posted by Confessional
                          Battery powered wildness!… gonna take a few looks to take this one in; lots going on here.

Are you saying the gun spins using a fan motor?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

that's freaking awesome. Fantastic job as always

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡