Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of the reveals from the Mego Ambassador's live chat last night.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiinacat
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 4, 2015

When I was at the DC reveal in 19 it was explained they had, at that time, DC rights to be based (adapted from) off of the animated series. But based on the 14 inch new 52 line, not sure if that is the case any longer.

I mean FTC has the DC 8 inch and I’d be annoyed they gave it to Mego as well if I was them.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by tiinacat
      When I was at the DC reveal in 19 it was explained they had, at that time, DC rights to be based (adapted from) off of the animated series. But based on the 14 inch new 52 line, not sure if that is the case any longer.

I mean FTC has the DC 8 inch and I’d be annoyed they gave it to Mego as well if I was them.
      That was never the case. Mego has always been able to do DC how they wanted, they simply chose to use the Justice League Unlimited designs. Only the second run of 14” figures of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman used the New 52 designs. The box art is a different story entirely.
      Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Apr 27, '21, 12:53 PM.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for clarifying that CrimsonGhost. Some of the licensing details can get confusing on this stuff when multiple companies are doing the same characters in the same scale. I am happy to see Mego doing classic comic versions of the DC characters too and not just JLU inspired versions.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

^That story is harder to kill than Jason Voorhees.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

I'd guess it spread because those designs aren't as common (although McFarlane is doing/did some).

Comment

• tiinacat
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 4, 2015

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              That was never the case. Mego has always been able to do DC how they wanted, they simply chose to use the Justice League Unlimited designs. Only the second run of 14” figures of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman used the New 52 designs. The box art is a different story entirely.
              How does that work out with FTC? Seems they are doing exactly the same license then.

Comment

• tiinacat
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 4, 2015

On top of that, if this is the case then their character selection is horrible. It would be smart to jump in with comic based figures from the current tv shows- enough with Batman villains already - flash- arrow titans - doom patrol- black lightning- no tv license needed to put out comic versions of them that might actually sell compared to the same tired lineup that hasn’t changed since the 70’s.

If they want to grow the line.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

How does that work out with FTC? Seems they are doing exactly the same license then.
                  FTC has a boutique license, Mego has a mass market license.

On top of that, if this is the case then their character selection is horrible. It would be smart to jump in with comic based figures from the current tv shows- enough with Batman villains already - flash- arrow titans - doom patrol- black lightning- no tv license needed to put out comic versions of them that might actually sell compared to the same tired lineup that hasn’t changed since the 70’s.

If they want to grow the line.
                  The kids that watched the Justice League cartoon are now in their 30s and of an age to buy characters they recognize for their kids. That was the plan 2 years ago, however that plan has morphed over time.

I don’t think you need me to tell you that Batman characters are the absolute most popular of DC. You can look at any line of DC character stuff and it’s 80% or more Batman based. I bet Joker outsells Superman and Wonder Woman on a regular basis.

As far as why not the characters you suggested: the line is still alive, it hasn’t been cancelled or anything. Who knows what might be next!

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                    • Jul 20, 2020

Not really sure what to make of that V2 Creature yet. I just saw a Creech at my local Meijer, and even though I'm not thrilled about the bodysuit, if it's still there tomorrow I might as well pick it up.

Edit: It just came to me that if the V2 creature is darker, they might be doing a Revenge of the Creature version with a new headsculpt? That or maybe a re-release with non-fabric scales.
                    Last edited by imlaughing2death; Apr 29, '21, 2:36 PM.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

of all the things I've seen in this:

1. Kudos Andy to the Teen Wonder Robin! if the costume detailing matches the Head Sculpt ( Black Belt not Yellow please!!!) then I'm in for at least one.
                      2. Ultraman figures are a given at this point. Tsubaraya (sp) is really pushing the anniversary of the main characters this year, so KUDOS that mego can cash in
                      SOMETHING THAT IS GETTING PRESS!!! ( hopefully the same will happen with the Halloween Franchise later this year?)
                      3. Price increase on the 14"is gonna freeze me out to just only must have die hard haves...so far me that is only the Gorn (who doesn't love a 14" Gorn?)

outside of that, was disappointed there wasn't any mention of upcoming female figures...? Where's Black Canary and Harley Quinn that was hinted at waaaaaaayyyy back?
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Hoping that 14" Kirk sculpt, eventually shows up on an 8" Kirk at some point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎