Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apenutncc1701
    • Aug 9, 2009

Funstuf Spiderman web shooter

I remember having this toy back in the 70s. It attached to your wrist and shot a suction cup tipped dart with string. I used to attach it to my Megp Spiderman so he could really shoot his web! I could have swore that I also had one that was Batman and it was for shooting the bat-rope. I can only find info about the Spiderman one. I tried Plaid Stallions, but I cannot figure out how to look up info on it because if I click on a subject it just shows articles that mention that item. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

I remember them I didn't have Spider-Man one though I had a Captain America one,red with light blue strap and the launch button was the cap shield logo and a vinyl triangle on the dart I used to love that toy.

Come across these
    shieldshooter.jpg
    Z0035886.jpg
    Last edited by Boris71; Apr 26, '21, 4:51 AM.
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

There was definitely a Batman version called a Batman Shooting Grappler. It had very different packaging from the Spidey, Hulk and Cap versions made by AHI rather than Funstuf. .The darts have little hooks on them.

When I started collecting, I knew I wanted to replace my Spidey Web Shooter. I was lucky to score two Spideys a Cap and a Hulk before the prices went crazy. I don't think I've ever even seen the Bat version in real life.
      Last edited by Wee67; Apr 26, '21, 1:31 PM.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I have never seen that Batman grapple in the package before, just drawings in the Heroes World ads. The Batman is a lift of art by Ernie Chua/Chan, and they used the Golden Age Batman logo!

It's interesting that Batman never really used a launching grapple much before he had the "harpoon" gun in Dark Knight Returns, which inspired Michael Keaton's grapple gun in the films, and then BTAS and so on.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• doctorj
          • Apr 9, 2012

It took me over 20 years to get a full set of the Marvel wrist shooters, and now I see this!

worthpoint has a MOC one in their database, which means one was definitely on eBay.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I remember the Batman 66 show had them firing a grappling hook and rope from either a bazooka or a mortar.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Ah there it is. The episode "The Penguin's a Jinx"
              Screenshot_20220824-201005_Chrome.jpg

Comment

• publiusr
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 23, 2015

Today’s version
                Spider-Man has been slinging webs across comics, movies, TV shows and video games for decades, and now real people can follow in his footsteps.

BolaWrap

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎