X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Creepy & kooky--on MeTV

The Addams Family is coming to MeTV on Monday, May 3 at 6:00 pm EST.

Huzzah! One of my favorite shows.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Great show and has aged really well.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, John Astin is proud of the show and it resonates well today.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

^Mysterious & Spooky is one of my all time faves! Absolutely timeless.

I refuse to give up my ghost until I have official Addams Family Mego figures in my Ooky collection!

I will celebrate that day by tossing lizards teeth in the air and whipping up some marinated cheetah for dinner.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I could definitely go for Mego Adams Family figures. They should have made a spin-off show called, “I Love Lurch” he could get in innocent predicaments like Lucy did.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'd buy Addams Family figures! That would be awesome...

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Would take eight figures to to it right, one can dream.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Very excited to be able to watch this on over-the-air TV again! Visually, I love the Munsters, but the Addams Family's humor was smarter and more devilish. I think the actual show has aged better, overall.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I agree, it would be great if Itt & Thing were packaged together though.

I'm not all that interested in living beyond 75, so that's about a 17.5 year span for this to happen.

However, if I must wait a bit longer, I suppose I could always use a spray on preservative, just to keep.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I've always considered Thing as an accessory for Lurch or Cousin Itt, Mego-wise.

One plan might be two-packs with appropriate backgrounds: exterior, parlor, conservatory, playroom, Pugsley's bedroom.

At any rate, it would be an ambitious project, not seen since the release of the original OZ figures. I think it's possible to release four figures a year and no need for new tooling, but is that viable for Mego Corp? Horror and nostalgia seem to be selling well, but it's a big commitment if it's even possible or desired and previous sitcom efforts don't make me optimistic.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

And a variant using the Carolyn Jones sculpt for Ophelia
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Oooh, nice idea.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

...One plan might be two-packs with appropriate backgrounds: exterior, parlor, conservatory, playroom, Pugsley's bedroom.
                          I really like this idea!

At any rate, it would be an ambitious project, not seen since the release of the original OZ figures. I think it's possible to release four figures a year and no need for new tooling, but is that viable for Mego Corp? Horror and nostalgia seem to be selling well, but it's a big commitment if it's even possible or desired and previous sitcom efforts don't make me optimistic.
                          I share your reluctance, although I think the appeal of The Addams Family is much broader than the previous sitcom efforts due to the crossover of horror & nostalgia. The Distinctive Dummies issues sold fast and are fetching $$$ on the secondary market in merely a few months time. Hopefully someone with some input has taken notice of that.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Pretty sure both the Addams and Munsters would be hits for someone if they got done
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, we have good ideas here--FB take note lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎