Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Archer: Fugitive From The Empire (1981)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The Archer: Fugitive From The Empire (1981)

Made for TV Sword & Sorcery movie. I don't think it's ever been officially released on DVD. Anyone else remember this? I don't remember much about it but I do recall it was actually pretty decent.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I remember it well, really enjoyed it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

I do remember renting this movie on VHS under the title "The Archer and the Sorceress".

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 22, '21, 5:48 PM.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

I remember loving this movie when it first aired and being disappointed the follow-ups they mentioned that first night that were supposed to be coming never materialized.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I remember when it originally aired, I really liked it but yeah it was a busted pilot. It was available on VHS in the 80s and I rented it a couple of times.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I'm weak - anyone have a good source for sketchy region one versions? I don't have anything that plays imports anymore or I'd buy one through amazon.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

I remember it airing and my thinking we'd get a series (or series of TV movies). For its budget it wasn't bad, especially for my age, but it didn't launch the new franchise at all.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

don't remember this one at all. but i'd watch it

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                  I do remember renting this movie on VHS under the title "The Archer and the Sorceress".
                  That's actually a way better title.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎