X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

197 Children’s Palace Catalog- Mego-Big Jim-Barbie-Sesame Street

Planet of the Apes was a new hot ticket item for 70s wunderkind Mego who also produced the World’s Greatest Superheroes around the same time. Big Jim was Mattel’s answer to G.I. Joe and Dinah-Mite was Mego’s stab at Barbie, who was the original. Child Guidance was one of the bigger players in Sesame Street merchandise, […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, this is a treasure trove. I think Children's Palace may have been the first dedicated toy store I ever went to. We didn't go to the "big city" of Lexington often, but I recall going to Children's Palace a few times in my toy-playing days.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

They had the best discount aisle. First time I went to Children's Palace I nabbed a Manglor Mountain and Glamour Gals playset super cheap. I miss that store.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 21, '21, 9:23 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• msenger76
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

what kid didn't ask for the "talking Rodney Allen Rippy" that christmas?

oh and my daughter needs the pre-school snuggle egg!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎