X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1983 LJN Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Toys

In 1982, LJN toys beat out rival toymaker Mego for the rights to produce toys based on the popular TSR role-play game “Dungeons and Dragons” and a great underrated series of toys was born. The LJN D&D line was sort of a grown-up version of Masters of the Universe with its Elves, Wizards, and Orcs […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My frenemy up the street had some of the beasts from the line, but I don't recall him having any of the humanoid figures. The paint apps on this line are very impressive. It's a gorgeous looking series.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Very nice pictures of the prototypes. The release versions of Kelek, Nightmare and the Bronze Dragon are quite a bit different. The sword & sorcery genre is kind of my thing so this line was a big hit with me as a kid. I hope they include these characters in the new Wizkids D&D action figures. An update of this line is long overdue.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

I had trouble finding this line in stores when I was a kid until it was being offered on clearance. Not sure why I didn't find them for regular sale in stores when suddenly it was on sale, but I got all I could then. I remember wanting Strongheart to have a hammer as he did on the cartoon, and I did wish toys matched the cartoon as well, but this was a good line. I just wanted the playset.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

loved this line and was all over it. had all of the first wave, some of the rest. i remember the last wave being on clearance at the local job lots in the mid eighties. wish i had bought and saved those

Comment

• msenger76
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

I got the Ogre King and Northlord as a 2-pack from JCPenny catalog warehouse. the Ogre King is legit one of my most favorite toys ever. His looks was great and the size made him a giant villain for most other lines.

Hook horror was the only other one i had. also great for play with other lines

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎