Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwilfing
    • Dec 18, 2008

figuring the right scale for a Mego figure

I discovered a shop that does 3d printing but I'm not sure if they sell accessories for 8 inch figures it seems to me the scale is 1/6 am I right about this.
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

8” figures are 1/9.
    12” figures are 1/6.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

No, 1/6 scale--traditionally known as "playscale"--is for approximately 12" dolls like Barbie and GI Joe.

Megos are about 1/9 scale.

CG types faster than I.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

At the same time..if they are doing 3d printing they may be able to alter the size of the product easily enough...

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          At the same time..if they are doing 3d printing they may be able to alter the size of the product easily enough...
          Mostly. While it is easy to resize the actual object, 3d printing requires supports which likely do not scale and would need to be re-engineered for the smaller print. As I have been learning (sometimes the hard way), supporting your print is almost as much an art as the sculpting.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎