X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Marvel's Shang Chi teaser trailer dropped

Looks interesting. I am cautiously excited about this. I love Doug Moench's Master of Kung Fu run, and I recognize several characters (mostly villains) from that run. I am not really current with what Marvel has done with the character in the last couple decades though. But it looks like a great martial arts action flick, but the proof will be in the final product not the trailer.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

We really like this movie. Growing up I read Shang-Chi and yes they would have to rewrite his history seeing that his father in the original comic books was Fu Manchu to being The Mandarin in the movies.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 19, '21, 9:49 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Looks fun! Nice to see Marvel continually branching out into other sub-genres of the super hero film.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I wish DC movies were done as well as Marvel. This looks entertaining with lots of action.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I know nothing of the comics, but I love a good martial arts flick and the trailer has me intrigued.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Ok, I’m convinced.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

do we get Fin Fang Foom too?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I've always been a big fan of the Mandarin, looking forward to this much more than Iron Man.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

WHO'S WHO in Shang-Chi

Li Ching-Lin - Death Dealer
                  EykvUXtWEAAOiUB.jpgShang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (70).jpg

COMIC BOOK BIO: In the Marvel comics, Li is an MI6 agent who works undercover for Fu Manchu. After Li is deemed too dangerous, the director of MI6 tasks Shang-Chi with taking out the agent, enlisting the help of in-universe British police commissioner Denis Nayland Smith as well. Shang-Chi defeats Li in combat, but the latter is able to get away. Fu Manchu, at this point renamed Zheng Zu, eventually gives Li the nickname "the Death Dealer." Shang-Chi and the Death Dealer go on to face off against one another several times in the comics, with our hero coming out victorious in their last battle in China, during which the former sets his foe ablaze.

Eyj-IbGWgAcdcCD.jpgShang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (71).jpg
                  COMIC BOOK BIO: Shang-Chi is the son of a sinister Chinese mastermind. He was raised and trained in the martial arts by his father and his instructors. A spy, a romantic, a philosopher and an Avenger. As one of the best martial artists in the Marvel universe, Shang chooses to use his talents to fight evil and defend the innocent.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

WHO'S WHO in Shang-Chi

EykvT7uXEAA6QYr.jpgShang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (75).jpg

WenWu - The Mandarin
                    COMIC BOOK BIO: The Mandarin is the arch enemy of Iron Man. A remarkable genius with both earthly and extraterrestrial technology, the Mandarin is also an exceptional athlete, swordsman, and martial artist.

Xialing
                    EykvUrRXAAkNro-.jpg
                    Shang-Chi's estranged sister and Wenwu's daughter
                    Could be based on:
                    sister dagger.jpg
                    Sister Dagger is the champion of the House of the Deadly Dagger, an organization based in France with a mansion secluded away behind a waterfall.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by monitor_ep

Xialing
                      Shang-Chi's estranged sister and Wenwu's daughter
                      Could be based on:

Sister Dagger is the champion of the House of the Deadly Dagger, an organization based in France with a mansion secluded away behind a waterfall.
                      More likely she's based on Fah Lo Suee (introduced in MOKF #29) Shang-Chi's sister and daughter of Fu Manchu in the comics.

She is both rival and confidante to Shang at times in the book.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

razorfistii1.jpgShang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (67).jpgShang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (49).jpg
                        COMIC BOOK BIO: Two brothers, Douglas & William Scott, each took the name and role of Razorfist (pretending to be one person). They were known for their fast hands & came into conflict with Shang Chi on several occasions. Both brothers lost one of their hands in a car accident and replaced them with blades. When William died, Douglas continued his life as a mercenary and criminal under the Razorfist moniker.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer (66).jpgFin Fang Foom.jpg
                        In the flashback scene in ancient China there is a war that when looking at the images will include dragons and the Foo Dogs
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

WHO'S WHO in Shang-Chi

The place where the "fight club" takes places could be The House of the Deadly Dagger
                          House Of The Deadly Daggers (5).jpgHouse Of The Deadly Daggers (6).jpgHouse Of The Deadly Daggers (8).jpgHouse of the Deadly Dagger,.jpg
                          COMIC BOOK BIO: The House of the Deadly Dagger is one of the five Houses of the Five Weapons Society named in honor of the Deadly Warriors. Located behind a waterfall twenty minutes outside of Paris, the castle is home to the Warriors of the Deadly Dagger. Following the Boxer Rebellion, Zheng Zu relocated four of the five Houses outside of China into the nations that aggressed against the Society, with the Deadly Dagger in France.[2] Zu's daughter Sister Dagger was raised in the House, eventually becoming its Champion.
                          Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 20, '21, 6:42 PM.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                            learning all the time
                            • Sep 15, 2010

I'm glad you guys are excited because I am nothing but disappointed with this.
                            not in any way what I was hoping for and I saw nothing to get excited about as far as fight scenes.
                            I'm all for an enjoyable movie but this looks like jackie chan or crouching tiger.
                            it's just a teaser and I REALLY hope I'm wrong and I love it when it comes out...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Since my boyfriend is Asian he is all in on this movie, where as I grew up reading Shang-Chi. I am surprised that he has yet to appear in any media yet. We did come close in the 80's with Brandon Lee as Shang-Chi but nothing happened. Now all we saw was the high lights in the trailer. Of coarse there is going to be included wire-fu, but there should be included some normal kung-fu.
                              Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 21, '21, 11:04 AM.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎