X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atomikhammer
    • Nov 20, 2012

Originally posted by zeedox
    Just got Dr. McCoy what happened?
    I ordered Mr. Scott anyhow but I feel a bit obliged...

Plus the new Kirk head isn't what it should be.

Is there anything that can be said to get Star Trek back on track?
    All of these things can be "fixed" by MORE ALIENS!!!!

Comment

• zeedox
      Career Member
      • Aug 10, 2007

We can rationalize the product, but I was surprised to even see the folks making comments as they toy hunt. Strange the clip I watched McCoy has the classic blue phaser but mine is black and painted has this been discussed too?

Maybe Mego can just send me the paint?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by zeedox
        We can rationalize the product, but I was surprised to even see the folks making comments as they toy hunt. Strange the clip I watched McCoy has the classic blue phaser but mine is black and painted has this been discussed too?

Maybe Mego can just send me the paint?
        Yes, so far, the ones in Target have blue weapons, as per their request.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          I have to admit, I was kind of excited, even giddy, when I got the gig knowing there was going to be backlash no matter what because it wasn’t going to be what was expected.
          I haven't heard any backlash on your Scotty sculpt, for the obvious reason...it's EXCELLENT!
          sigpic

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

I like the new black accessories. I always figured the originals were bright blue so kids woukdnt lose them easy.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
              I haven't heard any backlash on your Scotty sculpt, for the obvious reason...it's EXCELLENT!
              I have. I don’t think I’ve done a sculpt that someone didn’t complain about.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

I have to admit, I was kind of excited, even giddy, when I got the gig knowing there was going to be backlash no matter what because it wasn’t going to be what was expected.
                Not sure if joking, but yeah I mean, again, it's pretty reasonable that some people would be upset because of how this developed. It's kinda a baffling decision in that regard, because Mego probably could have sold the re-releases just fine as they have the other Trek characters.

Then went back in and did new head sculpts for everyone and double dipped so to speak, because people would have likely bought the new ones as well as a separate more modern thing.

Missed opportunity and ultimately set this up to disappoint on some level even if everything was a homerun otherwise.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  Not sure if joking, but yeah I mean, again, it's pretty reasonable that some people would be upset because of how this developed. It's kinda a baffling decision in that regard, because Mego probably could have sold the re-releases just fine as they have the other Trek characters.

Then went back in and did new head sculpts for everyone and double dipped so to speak, because people would have likely bought the new ones as well as a separate more modern thing.

Missed opportunity and ultimately set this up to disappoint on some level even if everything was a homerun otherwise.
                  I wasn’t joking at all. I couldn’t wait for the fallout.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

Wait did I miss pics of a new TOS Kirk head?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                      Wait did I miss pics of a new TOS Kirk head?
                      No. I believe by what was meant by “new” is the 2018 Kirk head.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I love "CrimsonGhost" but if you want to change your museum ID to "FalloutBoy" or "BacklashBoy" just let me know:-)

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          I love "CrimsonGhost" but if you want to change your museum ID to "FalloutBoy" or "BacklashBoy" just let me know:-)
                          I will consider it!

Comment

• zeedox
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Scott

I just got Scotty, and its the same level of care that's gone into all the great recent figures. Folks have mentioned a Dr. McCoy fix is that real and when might that show up?

And what about Captain Kirk?

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                              Museum Patron
                              • Aug 23, 2019

I don’t want to throw shade, as it seems like the consensus of my earlier post might sound. I like the new sculpts, I only want new Kirk and Spock... one day.
                              I have a set arriving soon, and will probably use the pale McCoy in a standard shirt or a Mirror version, same with Scotty. Now my question is, is the target McCoy the new skin tone or is it still to come, I would like another variation to be sure.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                                Museum Patron
                                • Aug 23, 2019

Found them in TRU, one store had McCoy with black phaser/Scotty with blue... two stores has the blue version. I think some had a purplish hue to them, but the one I picked up when opened, was just pale. Possibly the desired look for the character. I think it looks fine, Richie was about the same tone... The Scottys had their faces painted, so he’s a bit rugged looking. I was going to check another store, but ran out of time.
                                I didn’t want the M-113, but she kinda grew on me, a bit nicer looking than the DST version, especially the skin texture. As a side note, was unable to see Cornelius, only two each of Dr. Zaius...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎