X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiberiusguy
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 23, 2019

There is a Star Trek thread.
    It’s good that there are new sculpts for McCoy and Scotty, but I would like a new sculpt for Kirk and Spock, to balance them out, Chekhov and Sulu, arguably have new ones. If they do a new Spock, please be reasonable with his ears.
    I did notice, in a pic online, that Scotty has a new-new insignia on his uniform. I saw a golden delta... with a command star. I think McCoy has the same, I’ll have them in hand soon.
    I can’t wait to see Kang and Riker... the beard wave.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I've been critiquing FTC for years, so I suppose I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't suggest that Doc offer replacement McCoy heads on his site.

Of course, when he offered 14" Joker jackets, that was decried for all sorts of reasons and attributed motives.

Anyone that has a McCoy with which they're crushingly disappointed--I'll buy the tunic to ease your pain.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
        • Dec 5, 2019

Originally posted by Tiberiusguy
        I did notice, in a pic online, that Scotty has a new-new insignia on his uniform. I saw a golden delta... with a command star. I think McCoy has the same, I’ll have them in hand soon.
        I have Scotty, and he comes with a Command star insignia. A friend of mine found McCoy in San Diego, and was unhappy to discover that he too had a Command star insignia. Hence my earlier comment in this thread about the incorrect insignias.

James

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I wish they had stuck with silver vintage-style insignia.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 18, '21, 9:30 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 23, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I wish they had stuck with silver vintage-style insignia.
            I didn’t get that far. I see why they might not want the issues with foil, but then go with the screen printed silver OR gold, or the accurate Kirk (screen printed rank?).
            I’m going to make insignia with my cutting machine, as soon as I determine the average shape. Have to decide if I’m ironing them on or using sticky vinyl.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Those sorts of changes (changing emblems, changing between the classic blue accessories and a more screen accurate look, etc.) are a bit puzzling. But none of them have been deal breakers for me.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Mego fans since Mego came back:We want Scotty and McCoy!!!

Mego:Here you go.

Mego fans:Really?

I'm sorry. I just find the whole thing laughable. Everyone complained at every single wave that we weren't getting Scotty and McCoy,they finally get them and still aren't happy.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I was very happy to get them! I think they should release the original sculpts, too. They could make cool gift sets or something.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2008

I am taking a McCoy off the card and putting the shirt on a vintage McCoy I have. Someone else posted that the pale one could be a sick McCoy from the City on the Edge, I think that is a great idea. I have an Emce blueshirt I can throw on him. Probably my favorite McCoy moment, actually. "Used to have to cut and sew people like garments..."
                    I had enough vintage Kirks that I just put the new costumes on them. I am really keen on the idea of new sculpts all around.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr

I'm sorry. I just find the whole thing laughable. Everyone complained at every single wave that we weren't getting Scotty and McCoy,they finally get them and still aren't happy.
                      people always have to find something to gripe about. i guess it's human nature. i'm excited to get these. waiting on my order from Frank Wojo

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I don't bother to gripe about figures that disappoint me anymore...I just fix them. I didn't like the new Bones sculpt either, so I just took the uniform and put it on an original Mego McCoy...and put the new one on eBay. Problem solved.
                        sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

I'm glad there are new sculpts, and I like them. I'd have no interest in buying the same basic McCoy or Scotty for the third time. McCoy's color is frustrating, but there's a revised one coming. And at $15 or so each, I can put up with an occasional misfire. They're toys, and not high-end ones at that. Just look at the original Mego Mugatu or Cheron. Endearing now, but hardly well done figures at the time compared to the Romulan or Andorian.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I'm just mad that when I pulled my EMCE Trek figures from the storage container that has been sitting behind me where I work (aka climate controlled), that the majority of them fell apart. Except Kirk, which Mego did not release in the yellow shirt, so... whew! I am happy to have my Mego Star Trek that replaces most of the EMCE ones and that I can mix and match between head sculpts and uniforms as I see fit. I am lucky to have EMCE Bones and Scotty, so I am hoping for new sculpts for the rest of the crew, especially, Kirk and Uhura.

Oh, and just to add, despite my issues with the S:TNG uniforms, Picard, Data and Q look incredible together on the shelf! Picard head sculpt looks much better in person.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr

I mean, it's comical I suppose, but all of the other figures were for all intents and purposes re-releases. The new figures are not. So it's very reasonable to understand why people wouldn't be happy.

And that's putting aside the fact that these figures have other issues (head sculpts that some find wonky, skin tones, insignias, etc) beyond just not being straight up re-releases.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                                I mean, it's comical I suppose, but all of the other figures were for all intents and purposes re-releases. The new figures are not. So it's very reasonable to understand why people wouldn't be happy.

And that's putting aside the fact that these figures have other issues (head sculpts that some find wonky, skin tones, insignias, etc) beyond just not being straight up re-releases.
                                I have to admit, I was kind of excited, even giddy, when I got the gig knowing there was going to be backlash no matter what because it wasn’t going to be what was expected.
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎