• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Save Mego Star Trek Quality

Just got Dr. McCoy what happened?
    I ordered Mr. Scott anyhow but I feel a bit obliged...

Plus the new Kirk head isn't what it should be.

Is there anything that can be said to get Star Trek back on track?
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Can’t wait to see where this thread goes....
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I think they took "bones" a little too literally. Made him bone white. Other than his pallor, what's the problem? I think he looks a little too young.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

the skin tone on Mccoy has already been discussed at length. it will be corrected in future shipments. who knows, we may get new Kirk and Spock sculpts now too. i love all the Trek we are getting

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I respectfully disagree with the premise that Star Trek is off track. McCoy has a solid sculpt despite the skin color issue that is being corrected, and Scotty's sculpt is downright amazing. This (and every) line has hiccups but I'm perfectly satisfied with the product so far. I do hope we get new sculpts for TOS Kirk and Spock.

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

Ah y'know you can disagree, but I bought a Mr. Spock with Leonard Nimoy himself handing them out in Brooklyn, NY in the 70s which is where I was raised so forgive any pretense.
            I'm really not trying to "troll" these things, just makes one think since the Trek Movie ones are fine, Frankenstein Ultraman Chris Lee Dracula etc are all so good.

When you say being corrected that really = have to buy again btw.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
              • Dec 5, 2019

I'm just hoping that future releases will have the correct Command, Sciences, and Engineering insignia on their uniforms, and not simply give everyone the same Command insignia...

James

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

I have no problem at all with them using new head sculpts, but wish they had used those resources to produce more movie era figures. The original series figures they should have finished off with original sculpts, and then used new sculpts for movie figures and new characters like Rand, Mitchell, Pike, etc...

Anyway, I’m happy with the line, but would love to see more aliens and playsets.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
                  When you say being corrected that really = have to buy again btw.
                  i don't see anybody being forced to buy the current one, or any future corrections. buy what you like. you asked about it getting back on track, as you call it. Mego correcting the skin tone is what i would call getting back on track with an error that was made in production

Comment

• zeedox
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 10, 2007

Well I understand that. Don't you think the Kirk head lost its charm and it keeps getting repacked? I had to give the low shirt to an original one. And you cant really just buy the shirt. I'm glad the intention is that this will all be fixed up. Admiral Kirk came out right what happened to Kirk? We never got a fixed Captain Kirk is that in the works at all? I imagine the new larger one will look right.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      i don't see anybody being forced to buy the current one, or any future corrections. buy what you like. you asked about it getting back on track, as you call it. Mego correcting the skin tone is what i would call getting back on track with an error that was made in production
                      What about people that preordered the current one sight unseen? The LEAST Mego could do is act in good faith and allow people who aren't happy with the current figure to exchange it for the corrected one.
                      A company shouldn't expect their customers to pay for its mistakes.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

The real question is: was it ever “on track”?
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

"Dont mind me I'm just here for the comments".

Seriously though, all i care about is the aliens ( and I freekin loooooove the Gorn armada that is now on my shelf).
                          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

And don’t get me started on those cards.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              What about people that preordered the current one sight unseen? The LEAST Mego could do is act in good faith and allow people who aren't happy with the current figure to exchange it for the corrected one.
                              A company shouldn't expect their customers to pay for its mistakes.
                              cancel your pre-order. or flip it on ebay. i personally don't order until i see photos to see if i like the figure and then i only order what i like. down the road, people will probably want this version as it will be "rare", lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎