Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

While taking a selfie next to a passing train, 3 lives were tragically taken

While taking a selfie next to a passing train, they did not hear the horn blasting from another approaching train. None survived

We watched in horror as we got closer," said John, recalling how both he and Michael yelled as if it might stop what they knew was about to happen. "We saw them for about 12 seconds until they disappeared from our sight and the train continued moving forward."

John raced back when the train finally stopped about a quarter mile down the track. The first girl he saw had no pulse and it was clear a second girl was no longer alive. John heard 13-year-old Savannah near the railroad crossing. She was hurt and agitated, but alive.
    "I told her everything would be OK and she relaxed a little," said John, who held Savannah's hand until paramedics arrived. "I hoped she would make it and for some reason I really thought she would."
    Such a tragedy. We had an intern at work almost lose her life talking a selfie from a cliff. Please tell your teenagers not to do that.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Apr 16, '21, 9:36 AM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

So pointless and sad. Oddly enough I had a cousin die by being hit by a train last week. His funeral was yesterday. He wasn't taking a selfie, but it was still incredibly pointless.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Darwin award comes to mind. Common sense out the window. SMH.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        Darwin award comes to mind. Common sense out the window. SMH.
        those were 3 little girls who made a stupid mistake. they were someones daughters. two of them were sisters. that family probably never recovered from a tragedy like that. teenagers often do stupid things, most of us learn from it and become wiser. they tragically didn't get the chance to learn from it

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Tragic for sure, my quick reading into this points this story being from 2011.

I grew up a stones throw away from a very active railroad track, it was in my backyard. Trains killed many many of my pets and they don't discriminate about what's on the tracks. I saw a Ford F150 get swatted off the tracks and sent flying one time as well.

Most people only get one chance to understand the actions they are taking could kill them. Luckily most come out ok to talk about it but some don't. Sad story for sure, but preventable. Maybe someone that saw this will think more about playing around railroad tracks. Knowing how the people of the world are now I doubt it, but hopefully I'm wrong.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            those were 3 little girls who made a stupid mistake. they were someones daughters. two of them were sisters. that family probably never recovered from a tragedy like that. teenagers often do stupid things, most of us learn from it and become wiser. they tragically didn't get the chance to learn from it
            Agreed. Tragic indeed.
            I hug my children everyday and let them know I love them.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎