Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite "fish out of water" TV show ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What was your favorite "fish out of water" TV show ?

Incase you don't know the saying for TV shows known as "fish out of water"--- a person from another culture dropped into a different culture and trying to fit in (mostly, but not always in a comedic way)

McCloud might be a great example of a non-comedic "fish out of water" TV show.

For comedic, just think The Beverly Hillbillies.

Weird, but I think my favorite was Enos (1981) --- spin-off from The Dukes of Hazzard

Was never a fan of the original series but gave the pilot a chance --- the guy was so dang likeable in "the big city"

Wished it would have gone on more than a single season.

How about you all ?

There's a million "fish out of water" TV shows out there
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Resident Alien.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Alien Nation
      Alf
      I Dream of Jeannie

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Probably not as obvious as The Beverly Hillbillies, but my favorite "fish out of water" TV show is Bewitched. Samantha was trying to give up witchcraft, and be a typical mortal suburban housewife, and Darrin had to adjust to the magical goings on. Another favorite, Dark Shadows, also had its fish out of water moments, like when Victoria Winters went back in time to 1795.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Munsters and Addams Family.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure Addams Family qualifies, their guests were the fishes. But I adore that show.

Per your criteria, Star Trek TOS?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

Futurama, probably. 3rd Rock from the Sun was pretty funny for the first few seasons, too.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Just had a flashback --- the Canadian Mountie in the USA (crime drama) show from the 90's

I used to like that -- forgot the title

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

I don't know if it totally falls under the "fish out of water" scenario, but I'd throw "Green Acres" out there, since Oliver Douglas is the only one who isn't loony/eccentric like the other residents of Hooterville... Even his wife Lisa ends up kind of in line with the other townsfolk.

Not so much "fish out of water", more like "stranger in a strange land"-The 1974 "Planet of the Apes" TV series...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎