Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greensavage2000
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 9, 2013

A couple of weeks ago. I went to the Target in Whitehall and got Stan, Dr Zaius, Leatherface and the Rocketeer.
    I went this morning and they had about 3 or 4 each of Leatherface and Dr Zaius. They had a lot of Stan Lee's. At least 8. He is either case heavy or he comes in his own case.
    When I search mego on Target's website all the new Megos say available in stores except Stan. He actually says available at Target in Whitehall. That makes me lean toward the idea he has his own case.
    I don't know for sure but does anyone know anything about that?

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Pretty sure he was his own case.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

Earlier this week, went back to the same Target that had a bunch of these a couple of weeks ago, and they were all sold-out except for the Stan Lees. Plus, they had now received Rocketeer. So looks like these are moving. Meantime, I still see the same Picards and that alien from Star Trek Discovery not moving at Walmart (been there 2+ months).

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Just got back from the one in New Hartford. This time they had Salt Vampire,Dr.Zaius,two Rocketeer,Son of Frankenstein and a Wolfman. I grabbed a Frankie,Wolfman and a Rocketeer.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Mall 205 Portland had one Dr. Zaius and one Rocketeer today. I was hoping they had Stan Lee...

Comment

• headache
              • Jul 11, 2019

So it's now September. Target has apparently given up on Mego once again. The Target stores nearest me have nothing and have had nothing Mego through the entire summer. The website for Target currently lists only 1 result for Mego and that's the original version of Stan Lee.

So basically, I'm just wondering if any of the experts here on this site know what the Target situation is. More Mego eventually? Towards Christmas time? Or is Target done with it. I can't understand how Target could stock Mego again last April/May, let it all sell-out, then not bother ordering any more. Does the Topps agreement have something to do with it?

And what about Walmart? Back in April I posted about the Crystal Lake Illinois Walmart restocking the original Hannibals, Picard and the Discovery character. The four Hannibals are still there, with 1 Picard left and three of the Discovery character. It's now September, they've been hanging there since April. Never stocked any other Mego the entire summer. (Unless I completely missed new merch, but I'm in this store at least once a week.)

Anywho... Experts?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

^I mean, supply chain issues are affecting everything. There’s port congestion, rising freight charges, and still a global pandemic happening. Things will probably get worse from here.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• headache
                  • Jul 11, 2019

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  ^I mean, supply chain issues are affecting everything. There’s port congestion, rising freight charges, and still a global pandemic happening. Things will probably get worse from here.
                  But there's an online company that is constantly stocking and re-stocking Mego. Problem with that site though, is the prices are high and the shipping really adds up.

I actually was in a Walmart in Aurora Illinois on Sept. 4th and found Q and Locutus. They had 2 of each. Also had two Teenage Werewolves and 3 of that weird, red Phantom of the Opera. Also had 3 Lord of the Rings figures. I did get a Q and a Locutus. Perhaps it's just the Walmarts and Targets close to home that aren't bothering.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by headache
                    But there's an online company that is constantly stocking and re-stocking Mego. Problem with that site though, is the prices are high and the shipping really adds up.

I actually was in a Walmart in Aurora Illinois on Sept. 4th and found Q and Locutus. They had 2 of each. Also had two Teenage Werewolves and 3 of that weird, red Phantom of the Opera. Also had 3 Lord of the Rings figures. I did get a Q and a Locutus. Perhaps it's just the Walmarts and Targets close to home that aren't bothering.
                    My Walmart has been consistently supplied with Mego. I order online so it’s not important to me.

I don’t think anyone would blame you for moving.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎