X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Mego Returns to Target

I read elsewhere here that people have been finding new Megos in Target again. Thought I would start this new thread to make sure the news got out there. Tonight in Chattanooga, TN Target I found two Wolf Man figures. I already got him from BBTS so I picked up one to open. On a side note they also had Super 7 Universal Monster Reaction figures. Picked up Drac for an opener.
    Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Apr 10, '21, 9:46 PM.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome news!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

I went to several Targets today, and this is what I found:

Homewood, AL had 2 of Scotty, 1 Igor, 1 Dr. Zaius, 3 Stan Lee, 2 Leatherface

Alabaster, AL had 3 Stan Lee

Hoover, Al had 3 Stan Lee, 2 Leatherface, 1 Igor

Some thoughts: Scotty's head sculpt is incredible, terrific likeness

Dr. Zaius' orange color really pops

Stan Lee is very well done, great likeness

Igor had a good sculpt but might look better on a smaller body

All in all, I think take two at Target is off to a good start.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I’ll have to check my local Target this week, they haven’t had any Mego figures for quite sometime.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Checked yesterday: nothing

Checked today: two Salt Vampires
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'll have to check my local Target tomorrow.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Saw three Spidey-hands Stans today.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

I ran into one of the two local Terget stores and they had two of the Wolfman in stock, marked at $17.99...

They also still had a few of the old run of stuff, Tootie from "Facts of Life", and Kelly from "Charlie's Angels... They were still priced at $12.99.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I checked a couple more Targets today:

Birmingham, AL had 1 Salt Vampire, 1 Leatherface, and 10 (!!!) Stan Lee

Trussville, AL had no Mego figures

I bought the Salt Vampire and he is very well done. I'll check the last Target in my area and let you know what I find.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I was going to go to Target today, but I'm having surgery on Friday and need to quarantine because I have a covid test in the morning. I probably won't be able to go for a while. They probably won't have any left by the time I get to go.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

Checked my local Target yesterday and they had nothing. They were also a bit late in getting MEGO figures when they returned a few years ago.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I was going to go to Target today, but I'm having surgery on Friday and need to quarantine because I have a covid test in the morning. I probably won't be able to go for a while. They probably won't have any left by the time I get to go.
                        The Washington Square Target in Tigard had 2 Megos: Dr. Zaius and Igor. I bought them both so they will hopefully order more. They rang up as $14.99 each.

The section was pretty picked over and I didn't see a spot for the Megos, they were just sitting on a shelf.
                        Last edited by pmwasson; Apr 13, '21, 3:15 PM.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                          • Dec 5, 2019

The Target in Natomas, CA had 2 each of Scotty and the Rocketeer. A friend and I picked all four of them up. They were laying flat on the top shelf in their Collectibles section, pretty much out of sight. If I hadn't known to be looking for them, I'd have missed them.

James

Comment

• headache
                            • Jul 11, 2019

I previously mentioned the Algonquin IL Target had only the two Dr. McCoy. Just on a shelf, no specific spot allocated to Mego.

Checked the Palatine IL Target. No Mego.

Today I checked the Crystal Lake IL Target. There were two of the (imo really bad) newer Wolfman. Again, just on a shelf, no specific spot for Mego.

Not Mego, but the Crystal Lake IL Target did have the "Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch" three-pack of the children in the skeleton/pumpkin/witch costumes. In the movie, these masks make for one of the most hysterically gruesome scenes I've ever seen. So I thought maybe I'd purchase this. Except - no pricing anywhere. No allocated spot for this set. There was an employee nearby and I asked him to scan it. $49.99! WHAT??!! I realize it's a three-pack, but the figures are small. You also get an extra set of the masks. Anywho... That single 3-pack is still on the shelf.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Checked out the last Target in driving distance for me today.

Gardendale, AL had 2 McCoy, 1 Leatherface, and 6 Stan Lee.

McCoy has a really great sculpt! It's a shame about the factory error on his skin color.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎