Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • headache
    • Jul 11, 2019

Target Website Dumps Mego

Up until just a week or so ago, the website for Target listed loads of Mego action figures. All those non-sellers or slow sellers. This week, when I took a look, only two items remain listed. The 14" Batman and an 8" Impractical Jokers figure.

So I'm wondering if anyone here with insight into these things might be aware if Target has sold off their Mego stock to a reseller, such as the Tuesday Morning discount chain. (Yes, there are some of those non-sellers that I'd buy if offered at a MUCH lower price.)

I still find it such a shame that Target dispensed with Mego even though the "good stuff" flew off the pegs. I always check out Target's collectibles when I'm in the store, and it's surprising at the loads of stuff they stock which just simply sits there, taking up space.

I wish Mego could somehow work with the retailers such as Walmart and Meijer in how to stock their product. For the longest time the Crystal Lake IL Walmart had a single Original Hannibal hanging all by itself. Nothing else. Two weeks ago, some new stock showed up. So now there are FOUR Original Hannibals hanging together on a peg, joined by one Picard.

Meijer meanwhile, had gone through it's stock of Picards, Datas, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Pegs went empty. And now? Loads of Picards and Datas. Why not stock something else, like maybe something NEW? There's so much available now from Mego. So much REALLY COOL product. But the big box stores don't seem to know it.

Just my opinion, of course.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Target reduce the figures down to $7 a figure to clean out there backstock to get ready for the new waves. I was hoping to spend part of my covid check on them but it still hasn't shown up.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      Target reduce the figures down to $7 a figure to clean out there backstock to get ready for the new waves. I was hoping to spend part of my covid check on them but it still hasn't shown up.
      Do you know if that price reduction applies to in-store as well, or was it only a website thing?

For $7.00, I'd probably buy Kelly from "Charlie's Angels"...

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I haven't seen any Megos at Target in awhile so I cannot tell.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

For brick-and-mortar stores, does anybody even shop at Target anymore ?

My local Target is a ghost town tumbleweed wasteland compared to Walmart

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

That's certainly not the case around me, there's lots of customers who avoid Wal-Mart for various reasons and also like Target's merchandise. I have two Targets nearby, both are smaller that Wal-Mart but busy.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Is Target actually going to sell Mego figures again?

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by phil
                Is Target actually going to sell Mego figures again?
                Yes, Son of Frankenstein was spotted in one this week.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Well I guess its time to venture back into Target.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Yes, Son of Frankenstein was spotted in one this week.
                    Thank you. ��

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 25, 2018

Two guys I chat with on another forum found Megos at their targets. The one in New York found Rockette and the one in Chicago found Wolfman.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                        Radioactive!
                        • Feb 13, 2010

I found Igor, Stan Lee, and Leatherface today at Target in Hoover, AL

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Stan (with the spidey hands) showed up at one of my Targets in Louisville.

Comment

• headache
                            • Jul 11, 2019

Well this is a strange turn of events.

It was just yesterday that I started this topic. And today? I was at the Target in Algonquin IL (or is that Lake In The Hills?) to check out the diecast, and I had time so I wandered over to the Electronics to see what the Collectibles situation looked like there.

Guess who I saw in that Collectibles section? DOCTOR McCOY! Sleeveless.

The entire Collectibles area at this Target was really barren. A large section, but really not very much stock. But there he was. The package was standing upright on a chest-level shelf. All by himself. Then I spotted another of the same Dr. McCoy lying down, hidden behind some guy in a Dune package.

No other Mego anywhere. And not a Mego price tag on any peg or any shelf anywhere. I performed a very good search, too.

Also, no Target employee anywhere in sight to ask if there were any more Mego anyWHERE in the store. Or to find out what the price was.

I took one of the McCoys up to the checkouts along with 3 Matchbox cars. The price was $14.99. I asked the young guy at the checkout if he had a way of checking for more stock. He got help and a woman came over and scanned McCoy with her phone, looking up info on a Target app. She said nothing came up even for McCoy himself. So she couldn't offer any more info on any stock hiding in the store somewhere (I do look at action figures in the actual toy department - no Mego had been there.) She also couldn't offer any info on any future stock.

SO...

I never saw the Target website offer any discounted prices of $7.00 on any Mego. There had been an assortment of prices on what they had. Again, one day all that backstock was still on the website, and now there are just the two I mentioned in my initial post.

I had not seen any Mego at any northeastern Illinois or southeastern Wisconsin Target for a long, long time.

It's good to read above posts which say others have been finding Mego back at other Targets. I'll be on the lookout. In the meantime, I have to go put Short-Sleeve Dr. McCoy next to his past self which I had just found a couple months ago at the Volo Auto Museum. (I also have to say, old McCoy's likeness is much closer to Deforest Kelley than new McCoy. imo.) If anyone needs a Short-Sleeve McCoy, there's still one at the Algonquin IL Target. I left him hanging on a peg.
                            Last edited by headache; Apr 10, '21, 7:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎