Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I rewatched this last night. The film raises more questions than it answers, but it's tantalizing amidst its clunkiness. And what about the wife character--you go, girl.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mod Style
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Great movie, great design, and perfect for Mego! If you told me I would ever be able to own an official action figure of this character, let alone a Mego, I would have never believed it!

Chris
      I'm with you!! I can't believe I'm getting Hammer figures made by MEGO! I'll buy any and all they make.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I watched it today. I liked it, though as PNGwynne pointed out, it’s pretty vague in its story details. I thought Tom the innkeeper stole the movie. He’s just so likable. Really looking forward to the figure.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

This will be a fun summer if more Hammer Monsters are released, I really hope we get Evil of Frankenstein, Lee’s Mummy, Werewolf and Abominable Snowman.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
            I watched it today. I liked it, though as PNGwynne pointed out, it’s pretty vague in its story details. I thought Tom the innkeeper stole the movie. He’s just so likable. Really looking forward to the figure.
            IMO Michael Ripper is enjoyable in nearly everything.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

Yes. He has a very genuine quality.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Got to see that gentleman in person several years ago at Monster Bash in Virginia along with Christopher Lee, Ingrid Pitt, Ray Harryhausen and other greats from classic cinema.

Comment

• JamesB.
                  • Dec 15, 2013

I was there too! Got to meet all of them and get their autographs and took some photos - even one with Christopher Lee.

The organziers (who were behind MIDNIGHT MARQUEE magazine) also held a convention in (I believe) 1992 or 1994, in Baltimore, called HAMMER HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, in which I was able to meet several of the Hammer luminaries, like actress Veronica Carlson, Ingrid Pitt, Martine Beswick, composer James Bernard and director Val Guest. No one charged for autographs back then, and you could take photos with the stars. I even hung out with some of the guests for a couple of the evenings. It was a fantastic event.

I also wanted to attend the year they had Robert Quarry (Count Yorga) and William Marshall (Blacula) as guests, but I unfortunately wasn't able to afford the trip back to the US again at the time.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Looking forward to this.
                    Jadia, it is only the monster head IIRC.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 23, 2019

Next we need Mego to make a figure of The Gorgon from the Hammer film 'The Gorgon'. Also, I would love if they made a Baron Meinster figure. It's great to have so many versions of Dracula and I hope Mego keeps them coming – the more vampires the merrier!
                      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

The Gorgon is such an obvious one to do. I hope they do it.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 24, 2020

i want a oliver reed werwolf thats the one

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡