Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite 70's kid food you still sometimes eat today ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What was your favorite 70's kid food you still sometimes eat today ?

Mine would be a can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs.

Gives me the worst afterwards heartburn but sometimes I just have to have a can... It's like somebody pre-wired it in my brain.

Same with Pop-Tarts

What about you-all ?
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I grew up eating Chef Boyardee's stuffed ravioli. I still keep cans in the pantry for back-up food when the power goes out during hurricanes.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

My exact one too. Chef Boyardee ravioli. Still love it. Fun fact: The good chef is buried in the city I live in.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like Beefaroni. With shaker Parm on top, and toast with butter and garlic salt you dip into the sauce. That is pure nostalgia.

For canned ravioli, I prefer Franco-American.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Hostess fruit pies, of course.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, I loved those, too. Finding a rare lemon one was really exciting.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I hated chef boyardee but love speghettios and still do fruty pebbles is still my favorite cereal and though i don't eat it anymore( i do think they still make them) is steak-umms. one of the things i actually cooked as a kid with toast and 1000 island dressing as a sandwich

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                Veteran Member
                • May 15, 2012

This one is from the 1980’s but I didn’t remember it until I saw the other posts. There was a cereal called Waffelos. They tasted like waffles with maple syrup on them. They had a cowboy on the box. At one point, they had western town buildings printed on the backs of the box. You could cut the bottom part off and have a set of town buildings. They were scaled for army men and Marx cowboys.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else remember A-Treat soda pop ?

They used to come in quart glass bottles and had a billion different flavors

My fav's were clear orange and pink cream --- black cherry was cool too

You used to be able to get a nickel for every bottle you returned.

Something weird happened in the 80's

They tried to expand into New York City and the 5 families started a vicious rumor about them (I wont repeat it here but it's easy to find on the net)

After that they seemed to go downhill until nothing.

Dang them mobsters

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Plain ham and cheese sandwich or peanut butter jelly sandwich. My lunchbox also contained little bag of Fritos (my childhood fave chips). That was my go to lunchbox grub, and I loved having the same thing over and over again, lol. It also contained a banana. The milk I’d get at the school cafeteria.

That combo was my absolute favorite food as a kid.

And of course, I still eat that today.

P.S. Favorite cereal was Honeycombs, big, big, bite, lol. I don’t eat sugary cereals anymore though.
                    Last edited by Hector; Apr 7, '21, 9:05 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

All good choices here. I can't think of anything that unique. However, I loved Funyuns when I was a kid. I ate them all the time which was strange because I hate, hate, hated real onions!! I would scrape the onions off of McDonalds hamburgers, and I wouldn't eat anything that had real onions in it, but I loved my Funyuns! LOL Now that I'm grown, I love onions--especially red onions. And I don't pick them off my hamburger. I don't eat junk food much anymore, but I recently got a bag of Funyuns that were in my apartment complex's vending machine, and they were still delicious, but they are too light and airy for me now and not very filling.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
                        ........Funyuns …..
                        Are they the dried fake onion rings in a bag like chips ?

I LOVE them things !!!

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

^Yep, them's the ones. I don't think they've changed their packaging or logo since the seventies either. Still looks the same!
                          funyuns-original.jpg

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

[QUOTE=Hector;1462665]Plain ham and cheese sandwich or peanut butter jelly sandwich....QUOTE]

Me ---> ……. Please Ma, get the shaved ham … the regular one has too much grizzle

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
                              ^Yep, them's the ones. I don't think they've changed their packaging or logo since the seventies either. Still looks the same!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]30458[/ATTACH]
                              Ok, you've got me wanting to walk to my local gas station now for a bag

Dang you !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎