Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite car you ever owned ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Never heard of it before but Google images showed me it's definitely a pu__ymobile
    Hahahah, it's a classic mid-life crisis-mobile... tiny two-seater convertible that's fun to drive.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by MegoSteve
      Hahahah, it's a classic mid-life crisis-mobile... tiny two-seater convertible that's fun to drive.
      Went to a car show and there was a mid 90's Miata there that had a GM LS v8 in it. There's also a kit out there to put a Ford 302 in them, they call those monster Miata's.

http://www.monstermiata.com/
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MegoRobyn
        Administrator
        • Jun 28, 2016

Originally posted by MegoSteve
        I loved my 95 Mazda Miata. Fun to drive and reliable. I bought it in 2005 and got rid of it in 2017. Never had a major issue... just regular maintenance-type/wear related repairs. Only thing that made me get rid of it was the body rusting and paint issues and general shabbiness. It would have cost more to fix those than the car was worth. I didn't want to deal with selling it and it was basically sitting unloved in my driveway for a year, so I gave it to a friend who needed a car and he's been using it as his main driver since. The downside to it was that it's super small. I once got hit by a tanker truck who rolled into me at a stoplight because he claimed he didn't see me below his hood, and I believe him.

Clearly not a car guy, but after owning that tiny thing, I've been really happy with my Honda Fit. It's fun to drive, plus I am not way down below everyone else on the road so the highway doesn't feel like I'm going to die. There's so much room compared to the Miata, but it's still a zippy small car that gets me where I want to go reliably. Also, I can fit more than a 12 pack of soda in the back.
        I love my Honda Fit! I got it in sparkly purple.

My first car was a Honda Civic 1980 in red. I loved it and would buy a vintage one if I had a place to keep it.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by MegoRobyn
          I love my Honda Fit! I got it in sparkly purple.....
          No disrespect Robyn, but that car looks like a giant door wedge

Comment

• MegoSteve
            Superman's Pal
            • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by MegoRobyn
            I love my Honda Fit! I got it in sparkly purple.
            Excellent! I'm not sure what I'll do when this gives up the ghost. They've stopped making them for the U.S. market. :(

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

My favorites, a 1984 Chrysler Laser turbo, a purple 94 Ford Probe GT that I drove for 14 years, and a 2004 Monte Sarlo SS that got smashed by a drunk, hit and run driver.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Here in the sticks we had/have what's called "field cars" for young teens.

Basically they're unregistered junks that kids used to practice driving on fields --- not open to the public for safety- of course.

I had a 1956 Hudson Rambler

That thing was a TANK

It was like a Matchbox upscaled to full size --- you could drop it from an airplane and not even make a dent

40 years later I can still remember it's interior smell --- gas and onions ---- makes me super home-sick

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎