Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I really enjoyed it. More than WandaVision and a lot more than Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Really looking forward to What If.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
      Like it’s okay for women to hit men. Imagine had it been the other way around.
      I'm not the biggest MCU fan But I recall men and women hitting each other a lot in those movies. I'm also not really part the target demo group for the knee to the crotch frat boy humor. I wish popular media would evolve past frat boy humor but unfortunately there is a large demo that still seems to enjoy it. Idiocracy poked fun at that with Ow, my balls.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by drquest
        I liked the series(Sylvie was a lot of fun, as were other Loki varients), but I needed some closure and didn't really get it. Yeah it all culminated to a point, but didn't answer everything I was looking for.
        I liked it too. I thought the cast was great and I thought the way the season tackled with the question "does the ends justify the means" was actually handled pretty maturely for a superhero punch-em-up. I don't think "lack of closure" was exactly my issue... like you say, they do bring it all together and provide answers... and It is not unusual for shows to end on a cliffhanger.

So I think the thing that felt a little unsatisfying was the pacing. 6 episodes-- while longer than a movie-- just doesn't give the series a chance to breathe. You just get into the concept, connect with the characters, start to become invested in their story... and then its over. The show needed longer. I think you could have easily gotten 10 episodes out of this story while following the same basic story arc.

I will definitely tune in (tune in? boy, there is an expression that has outlasted its literal meaning) for season 2. I think it has the bones of a good show. Hopefully they work out the kinks.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
          I liked it too. I thought the cast was great and I thought the way the season tackled with the question "does the ends justify the means" was actually handled pretty maturely for a superhero punch-em-up. I don't think "lack of closure" was exactly my issue... like you say, they do bring it all together and provide answers... and It is not unusual for shows to end on a cliffhanger.

So I think the thing that felt a little unsatisfying was the pacing. 6 episodes-- while longer than a movie-- just doesn't give the series a chance to breathe. You just get into the concept, connect with the characters, start to become invested in their story... and then its over. The show needed longer. I think you could have easily gotten 10 episodes out of this story while following the same basic story arc.

I will definitely tune in (tune in? boy, there is an expression that has outlasted its literal meaning) for season 2. I think it has the bones of a good show. Hopefully they work out the kinks.
          All very good points and my closure complaint is mostly due to the short season as you pointed out. Knowing there's a season 2 is helpful, but rumors are that's a Q1 2023 date for that... which is forever.. Oh well it was fun to watch.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I'm not the biggest MCU fan But I recall men and women hitting each other a lot in those movies. I'm also not really part the target demo group for the knee to the crotch frat boy humor. I wish popular media would evolve past frat boy humor but unfortunately there is a large demo that still seems to enjoy it. Idiocracy poked fun at that with Ow, my balls.
            Agreed.
            sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Because of this,people are wondering why old man Steve Rogers wasn't "pruned".

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Judge Reynslayer said in the first episode the Avengers did exactly what they were supposed to do. Apparently Doctor Strange found the exact "right" timeline, the sacred one, and that included what Steve did.

And depending on who you believe, the Russos or Markus and McFeely, Steve either created his own timeline with Peggy, and revisited his original timeline as an old man...or there were two Steve Rogers existing in the main MCU timeline the whole time.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

It would seem Rocket was suppose to show up in the first episode but it only got as far as a storyboard.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎