Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Can I Expect My Avengers Books To Jump The Tiger Shark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

When Can I Expect My Avengers Books To Jump The Tiger Shark?

When can I expect the all around quality of the Avengers books to go south? Or does it cycle back ad forth between good ad bad?

Having recently tapped out of the Avengers (and related books), I've decided to read the Avengers books I've collected but never read. That pretty much starts in the late 70s and continues up until about 2003. I'm only up to Feb, 1985 (#252) and I'm started to get hints of things going bad. There have definitely been some bad arcs before this, but the stories usually get back to decent. I'm also getting worried about the line up- currently Wasp Vision, Captain Marvel (Rambeau), Starfox, Hercules and She-Hulk. Not a lot of great chemistry. I see I'm a few years away from the Capt Marvel, Sub-Mariner, She Hulk, Black Knight and Dr Druid lineup!!

The artwork is also starting to fade, especially the covers. Its not terrible yet and no where near artwork I know is coming in the 90s. I really hated the costume designs with sleeves-pushed-up leather jackets.

I also really disliked this style. I'm not sure how to describe other than I think it's just way too busy with line work.

Last edited by Wee67; Apr 5, '21, 9:27 AM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I quit around the mr fantastic invisible girl joining era. Restarted for the Buseik Perez run and the WCA Byrne run
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎