X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Batman art I need ID'ed

Just was reading about Jarro, Batman's Starro that he grew in a jar and became his sorta dad. I am really interested in Bat's costume here and was wondering the source?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Jarro debuted in Justice League Vol. 4 #10 cover dated Dec 2018), part of Scott Snyder's run. I am not sure which exact issue that panel is from, but that's the earliest issue it could be. The chair is Metron's Mobius Chair, which Batman now has for some reason. The only two series that have really featured Batman and Jarro are that Justice League run and Snyder's and Dark Knights: Death Metal event mini, but the mention of the Totality in that panel leads me to think it's probably form Justice League, as the Totality featured prominently in Snyder's story there.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I figured it was Metron's chair, I really like the costume and would like to find more of it for a custom. the whole concept is so whacked out Silver Age goofiness through Grant Morrison I love it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

If you have Hoopla through your local library, they have digital versions of the Snyder Justice League trades you could "borrow" for free and flip through to see if there are more complete images of that armor. I own and have read the first trade, but I haven't read further than that, so I am not sure which issues it might be in. In fact, I was blissfully unaware of Jarro at all until the Suicide Squad trailer with Starro in it led to someone mentioning Jarro and how they hoped he would make it into one of the DC movies. I had been doing a little digging to find out just exactly what Jarro was over the last week or so when I saw your post with the panel with Jarro in it, which is what caught my attention.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I can try that I think my wife can get to free stuff in the library. I could probably fudge it and get close. Already sculpting Jarro

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎