X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Filmation Space Sentinels

Toy-Ventures returns with a look at the merchandise around Filmation’s 1977 series “The Space Sentinels” an overlooked gem of a Saturday morning superhero series. While the show didn’t get much, it got a few cool toys and I collect them! Get Toy-Ventures Magazine Issue 3 here: https://ebay.us/lUGYDp

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nice collection.

I do have to admit I only vaguely remember Space Sentinels but I do remember Freedom Force. Probably because I really liked the Filmation Isis series.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I do not remember the cartoon when it came out, I do remember the Freedom Force. At some point I ran across 2 VHS of the Space Sentinels and later bought the DVD collection to add to my Shazam/Isis page. I have just started to discover there are other items to collect so I may begin to chase those down...
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 3, '21, 6:37 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

As with most Filmation productions, these characters are engaging and well-designed (Manta & Moray!). But I don't recall this show or Freedom Force at all.

Nice collection--have you considered custom figures?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Like others have said, I came to this from Freedom Force first, but I do think Space Sentinels is a good show. Filmation really produced some good ones along the way. I noticed one item in the video did have the Young Sentinels logo. Is there much with the original name?
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Add me to the chorus who remembers Freedom Force, but not Space Sentinels. I would love to see it though. It's a shame much of the Filmation library seems to be off in a vault somewhere these days. It should be streaming somewhere! And those DVD sets from 15-20 years ago are very pricey now.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎