X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Filmation She-Ra animation Cel folder

I don't think I've ever shared this before. It's a folder of animation cels and drawings used in the production of Filmation's She-Ra Princess of Power animated series. I've had this since the mid to late 90s. I don't think there was a lot of demand back then for Filmation cels. It means a lot to me though because She-Ra is my favorite super hero.

filmation1.JPG

I forgot to mention this is all from the episode Jungle Fever.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 3, '21, 6:05 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The face and lips are on two different cels that have become stuck with age.

filmation2.JPG

You can see the original drawing behind the cel.

Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 3, '21, 4:58 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Here's the included animation sequence.

filmation3.jpg

This is from the scene where She-Ra grabs Rattlor by his tail.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 3, '21, 6:07 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Lastly a storyboard illustration. There's two of them in the folder plus a xerox of the background drawing.

filmation4.jpg

Filmation really had terrific artists.

Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 3, '21, 4:59 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow! That is awesome! And I agree, Filmation had the best "look" of the US-produced animated series back in their heyday. The characters were almost always on model. Of course, that had to do a lot with all the recycling they did, but it worked to create a more cohesive, attractive show.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• tay666
            Career Member
            • Dec 27, 2008

What a cool thing to own.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Nice Keepsake!